Related Forum Threads
- Working full time and new to couponing! Last post on Today at 6:33 am in Grocery Bargains
- Don't tell me that clipping coupons doesn't save you money Last post on 4/17/13 at 5:42am in Spending Less and Saving More
- Couponing newbie Last post on 5/17/13 at 3:43pm in Couponing
- Any Tips for a Newbie? Last post on 3/11/13 at 6:52am in Couponing
- How to combine grocery store sales and coupons Last post on 3/9/13 at 1:34am in Couponing
Alphabetical Article List
- Subscribe to your newspaper.
- Ask family, friends, etc that for their coupon inserts.
- Print off coupons online, the CouponCabin is a great resource for finding coupons to print as well as online coupons and coupon codes.
Clipping & organizing
- Go through your inserts and clip anything that you think may be useful for you.
- Once you have all of your coupons clipped, organize them into categories. My categories:
- Breakfast Foods
- Baking Goods
- Side Dishes
- Pet Stuff
- Health & Beauty
- Items Misc.
- Store Coupons
- I have a three ring binder that I keep my coupons in, I bought a few packages of baseball card sleeves and I used an idea from this post for the bigger coupons and printed coupons.
- I purchased a pattern from the Coupon Clutch Website and made this to cover my binder. When I go to the grocery store it just looks like a purse.
Make a list
- Find the sales ad for your local grocery store, you can either check your paper for an insert from the store, of go on the stores website for the ad. I find that some stores will have coupons that come in the mail that they do not allow you to print from their website, so keep that in mind.
- Check the ad for things that you know your family will eat/use. I have an excel spreadsheet that I make up for my grocery list that lists the item description, price of the item, store coupons, & manufacture coupons. I try to match up the sale to coupons to maximize my savings. I also have a column on the right of the spreadsheet where I put in the meals I plan to make. That way I make sure I am actually getting the things that I will need for meals. I find with my pre-planning my grocery list that I am spending way less and having more meals from the groceries that I buy.
- Make sure you check what your coupon's requirements are. If there are things that are a great buy and you have a coupon, stock up on it while it is on sale.
- Follow this forum: What's In Store Members are constantly posting deals they find in the stores and coupon match-ups.
The Shopping Trip
- I put all the coupons I plan to use in an envelope, so they are handy when I get to the register.
- Make sure you bring your coupon organizer with you to the store.
- Try to stick as closely to your list and not get tempted by things that you do not need.
- Watch the cashier as they ring up your coupons to make sure that they all go through.
Have fun, it's really rewarding when you start to see those savings add up!
Currently, there are 79 Active Users (0 Members and 79 Guests)
- › Trading 4 Enfagrow Checks for Similac Checks 27 minutes ago
- › Do you believe in ghosts? 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Do you wear Patriotic colors or clothes on Memorial Day 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Is anyone doing Home Preschool next year? 2 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › What's for dinner 5/22 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › May Photo a Day Challenge: A Pet 2 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › FREE Sample of Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer 2 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › Bravo: $10 off 2 Lunch or $15 off 2 Dinner Entrees (exp 5/30) 2 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › May Photo a Day Challenge: Your Handwriting 3 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › How many days of school did your kids miss? 3 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Duck Dynasty: Season 1 by Kim
- › Bright Starts Rattle and Shake Barbell Rattle by swishina
- › Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz by Annie's Mom
- › V8 Splash Berry Blend 64 oz (Pack of 8) by Annie's Mom
- › Tazo Tazo Iced Tea Passion 6 Bag (Pack Of 4) by Annie's Mom
- › Folgers Fresh Breaks Breakfast Blend Coffee, .85 Ounce (Pack of 8) by Kim
- › L'Oreal Evercreme Deep Nourish Masque 5.1 oz. (Pack of 6) by swishina
- › Manhattan Toy Skwish Classic by swishina
- › Joovy Caboose Stand On Tandem Stroller, Orangetree by swishina
- › Popchips 6-Flavor Variety Pack, 0.8-Ounce Single Serve Bags (Pack... by swishina
- › First Once a Month Shopping Trip by JenM
- › The New Menu Plan - Once a Month Shopping by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 2/18/13 - Groceries - Budget... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 2/4/13 - Groceries- Budget... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 1/28/13 (Tues Edition) -... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 1/21/13 - Grocery Trip -... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday - Groceries - Budget Update by JenM
- › Playdates on the Fly by Kim
- › The Stockpile by JenM
- › Monday Meal Plan - Weekend Grocery Trips -... by JenM