Related Forum Threads
- 7 REAL Habits of Frugal People Last post on 5/21/13 at 9:11am in Money Matters
- Are Americans getting fed up with frugality? Last post on 5/21/13 at 4:16am in Spending Less and Saving More
- Frugal Living vs. Simple Living Last post on Yesterday at 2:05 pm in Spending Less and Saving More
- 7 Habits of Frugal People Last post on 5/20/13 at 3:06pm in Money Matters
- What is your best money saving tip? Last post on 5/8/13 at 9:19am in Welcome and Introductions
The Who & What - 2013 Goals and Accountability
Edited on 1/3/13
- Using Foursquare to SaveEdited on 8/24/12
- Save Money Right at HomeEdited on 2/7/12
- topicFrugal Living
Alphabetical Article List
If You Love To Eat Out
I love eating out. I text my husband during the day, just dreaming of chimichangas and queso. If you love to eat out, but your wallet doesn't appreciate it so much, try these tips!
- Share. You learned this in kindergarten. Ordering a slightly larger meal and sharing with your spouse is cheaper than ordering two seperate meals. If each meal is $10 and you share, you can order one $15 meal and save $5. Do this once a week and save $260 a year!
- Share. Your kids will learn this in kindergarten, too. Children's meals at sit-down restaurants are usually sized for older children or even adults! Have your kids share a kid's meal. If the meal costs $4, you just saved $208 a year!
- Water. A soda or tea is bound to cost you at least $2 these days! If you and your spouse order water instead, your once a week savings would be $208!
- Buy an Entertainment Book. These books can be purchased online and at many area locations. I got mine through a fundraiser for my daughter's school. The book starts at $25, but gets cheaper as the year goes on. So by summer, you can usually get one for around $5. It is full of coupons for restaurants of all kinds, from Sonic to Red Lobster. Often the coupons are buy one, get one free. At, say, $8 free per use, you could save $416 a year. This makes the $25 a worthwhile investment.
- Set a price. If you choose a goal price as your maximum amount you would like to spend on dinner, it really helps keep spending in check. Try to keep all eating out under $20 for a family of 3, $25 for a family of 4 and so on. This is doable with the above tips! Keep a running list of which restaurants you have eaten at that you were able to be under the goal. An easy way to do this is to keep your receipts in an envelope to refer to before heading out.
- Smaller is better. Consider ordering an appetizer as your meal. The costs are often much less than entrees and are just as yummy! If you save just $3 doing this once a week, you will net $156 a year.
These tips can save you literally thousands a year if you eat out just once a week. No more guilt while enjoying your next fettucine alfredo at your favorite Italian restaurant!
- Using Foursquare to Save
- › Picture of the handkerchief that my daughter-in-law gave me 9 minutes ago
- › May Photo a Day: Flowers 4 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › May Photo a Day Challenge: Texture 4 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Anyone have frugal Memorial Day weekend plans? 4 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › *NEW* Find a Wedding Dress at Target?!?! 4 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › Bad kids and Girl Scouts 5 hours ago
- › Star Trek 5 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › May Photo a Day: Day 19 Your Reflection 5 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › So what is your opinion on this one 5 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Exercise Challenge--Minutes Per Week 05/19/2013 6 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Duck Dynasty: Season 1 by Kim
- › Bright Starts Rattle and Shake Barbell Rattle by swishina
- › Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz by Annie's Mom
- › V8 Splash Berry Blend 64 oz (Pack of 8) by Annie's Mom
- › Tazo Tazo Iced Tea Passion 6 Bag (Pack Of 4) by Annie's Mom
- › Folgers Fresh Breaks Breakfast Blend Coffee, .85 Ounce (Pack of 8) by Kim
- › L'Oreal Evercreme Deep Nourish Masque 5.1 oz. (Pack of 6) by swishina
- › Manhattan Toy Skwish Classic by swishina
- › Joovy Caboose Stand On Tandem Stroller, Orangetree by swishina
- › Popchips 6-Flavor Variety Pack, 0.8-Ounce Single Serve Bags (Pack... by swishina
- › First Once a Month Shopping Trip by JenM
- › The New Menu Plan - Once a Month Shopping by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 2/18/13 - Groceries - Budget... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 2/4/13 - Groceries- Budget... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 1/28/13 (Tues Edition) -... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 1/21/13 - Grocery Trip -... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday - Groceries - Budget Update by JenM
- › Playdates on the Fly by Kim
- › The Stockpile by JenM
- › Monday Meal Plan - Weekend Grocery Trips -... by JenM