Related Forum Threads
- Week of 5/13....what is on the menu for this week? Last post on 5/14/13 at 7:13pm in Money Saving Tips: Food
- Menu Planning Services or Websites - Do you use them? Last post on 5/6/13 at 5:06pm in Money Saving Tips: Food
- Do you have a stockpile? Last post on 5/1/13 at 7:19am in Money Saving Tips: Food
- Week of 4/29....what is the menu plan for this week? Last post on 4/29/13 at 8:53am in Money Saving Tips: Food
- Week of 4/22....what's the menu plan for this week? Last post on 4/23/13 at 8:16am in Money Saving Tips: Food
Meal Plan Monday - Groceries - Budget Update
Edited on 1/14/13
- Monday Meal Plan - Weekend Grocery Trips - Budget UpdateEdited on 1/10/13
Alphabetical Article List
- Monday Meal Plan - Weekend Grocery Trips - Budget Update
In my last article there where lots of questions about my stockpile. Without further ado, let me take you on a tour!
(Sorry for the poor quality photos, all the editing in the world couldn't save these! It's dark when I leave and come home!)
The Main Pantry Stockpile
This is the front of my main pantry. The bottom shelf is pasta, popcorn, bottles (vinegar, oil, etc) and a catch-all for everything else. This is real life! LOL! On the second shelf is all my staples which I buy in bulk from the Amish store. The third shelf is canned goods: soup, beans, tuna, sauces, etc. The fourth shelf is more staples, marinades, mayo, kool aid. Top shelf - you don't need to see, that's where the mommy juice is stored!
This is the back end of that first picture. I barely go in this side. Obviously-- there is Hamburger Helper in there which hasn't been eaten in our house in a year. I really need to clean this side out! The door to this is in the sitting room (a.k.a the place where the laundry comes after the dryer room) and there is a usually chair in front of it!
The Coat Closet Stockpile
This is in our coat closet, and is pretty self explanatory. Don't judge me on the Hefty Bags and relish! Dollar Tree accepts coupons now, so it was a deal I could not refuse!
The Canning Area Stockpile
This is my canning area, which is mostly peach and tomato salsa and tomato sauce. It's all home grown but the peaches, which I received from my Amish friends. There is also some apple pie filler in there that I experimented with.
The Freezer Stockpile
This is our upright freezer. Top shelf is shredded zuchinni (anyone have any good recipes for this stuff?), Strawberry freezer jam, and the dreaded Chicken O's (yuck, my mil works at the local factory and my kids love these). The second shelf - more frozen veggies, bread, and some venison. The third shelf - homegrown chicken (I'll introduce you to my ladies in another post!), a turkey, and more venison. Bottom shelf - is all venison. (When it comes time I will figure processing costs into my budget. We do a lot of it ourselves, but do take one to the processor.)
Umm, yeah-- I really don't know what's going on here. This is the door of the freezer.
There you have it, my stockpile. Nothing having its own room-worthy, but helps us out. Through the year I will show you on how I stock up on the canning, chicken, and venison. Just so you are aware, I do buy regular meat too! Some things just call for real hamburger, and we love seafood!
- › Spa food? Cleansing food? 5 minutes ago
- › Wow dd caught a big one! 8 minutes ago
- › Publix? Good store? 9 minutes ago
- › Train 26 9 minutes ago
- › TRAIN #18 11 minutes ago
- › What job would you be fired from? 12 minutes ago
- › My bathroom remodel pictures. 12 minutes ago
- › S/O:What colors do you avoid in stores or wearing 14 minutes ago
- › What colors do you always go to first in a store 15 minutes ago
- › Proposed bill would require doctor to under go random drug tests 22 minutes ago
- › Duck Dynasty: Season 1 by Kim
- › Bright Starts Rattle and Shake Barbell Rattle by swishina
- › Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz by Annie's Mom
- › V8 Splash Berry Blend 64 oz (Pack of 8) by Annie's Mom
- › Tazo Tazo Iced Tea Passion 6 Bag (Pack Of 4) by Annie's Mom
- › Folgers Fresh Breaks Breakfast Blend Coffee, .85 Ounce (Pack of 8) by Kim
- › L'Oreal Evercreme Deep Nourish Masque 5.1 oz. (Pack of 6) by swishina
- › Manhattan Toy Skwish Classic by swishina
- › Joovy Caboose Stand On Tandem Stroller, Orangetree by swishina
- › Popchips 6-Flavor Variety Pack, 0.8-Ounce Single Serve Bags (Pack... by swishina
- › First Once a Month Shopping Trip by JenM
- › The New Menu Plan - Once a Month Shopping by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 2/18/13 - Groceries - Budget... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 2/4/13 - Groceries- Budget... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 1/28/13 (Tues Edition) -... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 1/21/13 - Grocery Trip -... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday - Groceries - Budget Update by JenM
- › Playdates on the Fly by Kim
- › The Stockpile by JenM
- › Monday Meal Plan - Weekend Grocery Trips -... by JenM