Mommysavers › Forums › Hobbies & Home › Your Creative Side › Craft: Reindeer Candy Holder
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Craft: Reindeer Candy Holder

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Supplies:

-Scissors
-Craft glue
-Terracotta clay pots; 2"-5"
-Plastic eyes
-Red pom-poms
-Three shades of brown craft foam, cardstock paper or construction paper.

Instructions:

-First, with one shade of brown, cut the antlers to match the size of
your pot. If you are making the larger reindeer, use a child's handprint as pattern.
-Next, cut the ears with the other brown. You can use a lighter shade of brown to add an extra another layer to the ears (this step is optional).
-Attach the ears to the back of the pot. Then add the antlers.
Glue the eyes and nose the front.
-Finally fill the pot with goodies such as nuts or candy.

post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingangel View Post

Supplies:

-Scissors
-Craft glue
-Terracotta clay pots; 2"-5"
-Plastic eyes
-Red pom-poms
-Three shades of brown craft foam, cardstock paper or construction paper.

Instructions:

-First, with one shade of brown, cut the antlers to match the size of
your pot. If you are making the larger reindeer, use a child's handprint as pattern.
-Next, cut the ears with the other brown. You can use a lighter shade of brown to add an extra another layer to the ears (this step is optional).
-Attach the ears to the back of the pot. Then add the antlers.
Glue the eyes and nose the front.
-Finally fill the pot with goodies such as nuts or candy.


Those are really cute!!! I made turkey ones one year for Thanksgiving and took them to a family gathering and gave all the little kids one, so this would be a good thing to take to a family (or neighborhood, etc) gathering to give all the kiddies for Christmas! Thanks!!
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliadam View Post

Those are really cute!!! I made turkey ones one year for Thanksgiving and took them to a family gathering and gave all the little kids one, so this would be a good thing to take to a family (or neighborhood, etc) gathering to give all the kiddies for Christmas! Thanks!!

I also made the turkey ones, I used the mini pots, colored feathers and foam sheets and turned them into turkey toothpick holders for the diningtable.
post #4 of 6
smilingangel what an adorable craft!! love it!!
post #5 of 6
Ooh I think I will use up the 3 remaining terra cotta pots that I have already painted brown. I made reindeer ornaments with my little girls and now I needed to use up the rest. I think this is a great decoration to have put out onto tables during the Christmas gathering at my house!
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingangel View Post

I also made the turkey ones, I used the mini pots, colored feathers and foam sheets and turned them into turkey toothpick holders for the diningtable.


Ohhh....hadn't thought of tiny ones for toothpick holders. I used the sort of middle sized pots with the feathers and foam sheets and then filled them with candy for all the kids that were attending. (I'm sure their parents loved all that candy!!)

Or you could use some of the larger ones to put silverware napkins, etc in for a party!! Lots of good uses!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Your Creative Side
Mommysavers › Forums › Hobbies & Home › Your Creative Side › Craft: Reindeer Candy Holder