Related Forum Threads
- 7 REAL Habits of Frugal People Last post on 5/21/13 at 9:11am in Money Matters
- Are Americans getting fed up with frugality? Last post on 5/21/13 at 4:16am in Spending Less and Saving More
- Frugal Living vs. Simple Living Last post on 5/20/13 at 2:39pm in Spending Less and Saving More
- 7 Habits of Frugal People Last post on 5/20/13 at 3:06pm in Money Matters
- What is your best money saving tip? Last post on 5/8/13 at 9:19am in Welcome and Introductions
The Who & What - 2013 Goals and Accountability
Edited on 1/3/13
- Using Foursquare to SaveEdited on 8/24/12
- If You Love To Eat OutEdited on 2/7/12
- Save Money Right at HomeEdited on 2/7/12
- saving-money-using-a-co-opEdited on 2/7/12
We discovered Duck Dynasty last fall and bought Season One to catch up. As with any good TV show, there are distinct characters that make it funny. In this case, it's the Robertson family - who...
This is the best, simple rattle for babies. The two bars make it easy to grasp, and it makes the perfect rattle sound when baby shakes it. Not so noisy that it's annoying or disruptive, but...
I LOVE cooking with canned fire-roasted tomatoes! They add a little something extra to every dish whether it be chili or spaghetti sauce. Before finding the Hunt's, I had to pay twice the price...
I tried it because there was a good deal at my local grocery store. My kids honestly aren't much of juice drinkers, but I am. I thought this would be a good beverage to try on my picky eaters. ...
I LOVE this product!!! I tried it for the first time because I LOVE iced tea but not the caffeine. I like juice but it's way too strong and sweet of a flavor to quench my thirst. This herbal...
Frugal Meals for Kids: Cheap Snack and Lunch Ideas - Page 14post #132 of 1607/31/12 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by allgirls
Invest in a thermos. I have found many at garage sales for $2-$4 or buy one new about $12. IF you use it 4 times it will pay for itself. My dd hot lunches are $3.
I heat up soup/pasta/spaghettios almost any leftovers. It takes about 5-10 minutes in the morning. I always let the food get very hot before I put it in the container.
Please, Please, Please Never Do This!!!! I am a teacher at an elementary school and I spend half of my lunch hour helping students open thermoses that have sealed themselves closed. When you put very hot food into the thermos and then let it sit for hours the food will still cool, along with any air inside of the thermos. This causes the air pressure on the outside of the thermos to be greater than the air pressure inside the thermos. The children are just not strong enough to get it open again - and often I'm barely strong enough myself.
What begins as a good intention as a warm meal creates a large amount of frustration for your child and his/her teachers...post #133 of 1608/1/12 at 2:02pmpost #134 of 1608/1/12 at 2:15pm
2 slices of Granny Smith apple, 1/4" thick & peanut butter & raisins
Blot the apple slices dry, because the peanut butter will stay in place better on a dry surface.
Smear peanut butter on both apple slices, because the raisins will act like ball bearings if you don't.
Dot with plenty of raisins. Stack apple slices sandwich style.
post #135 of 1608/1/12 at 4:07pmpost #136 of 1608/1/12 at 6:58pm
Pizza Grilled Cheese sandwiches
Butter one side of 2 slices of bread. Add pizza or spaghetti sauce, pepperoni and cheese(or whatever you kids like on their pizza) Grill sandwich on both sides until desired toastiness. My sons loved these. You can do the same thing between tortillas(minus the butter) and make them pizza quesadillas :)post #137 of 1608/2/12 at 2:47pm
"Apple Sandwich" (no bread required)
-2 Granny Smith apple slices
This is too simple to write a "method," other than to say;
Blot the apple dry, because the peanut butter will stay in place better on a dry surface.
And, smear peanut butter on both apple slices, because the raisins will act like ball bearings if you don't.
Stack the apple slices sandwich style.post #138 of 1608/8/12 at 6:03pmpost #139 of 1608/8/12 at 6:13pmQuote:I love this idea! It's like a snack making co-op. Thank you!
- Frugal Meals for Kids: Cheap Snack and Lunch Ideas
- Using Foursquare to Save
- › Creative Staycation Ideas 6 minutes ago
- › Spinoff: how much money would you need to get by? 11 minutes ago
- › Week of 5/20....what have you done this week that saved money? 14 minutes ago
- › Cook Out Food 17 minutes ago
- › Spin off: what UNfrugal things have you done this week 22 minutes ago
- › Target Online Clearance: Save 50% on the Cat Cora Stainless Steel... 28 minutes ago
- › How long have you lived a frugal lifestyle? 49 minutes ago
- › Have you been to any good garage sales yet this year? 55 minutes ago
- › Have you ever bought any bread machine mixes on-line 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Frugal Living vs. Simple Living 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Duck Dynasty: Season 1 by Kim
- › Bright Starts Rattle and Shake Barbell Rattle by swishina
- › Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz by Annie's Mom
- › V8 Splash Berry Blend 64 oz (Pack of 8) by Annie's Mom
- › Tazo Tazo Iced Tea Passion 6 Bag (Pack Of 4) by Annie's Mom
- › Folgers Fresh Breaks Breakfast Blend Coffee, .85 Ounce (Pack of 8) by Kim
- › L'Oreal Evercreme Deep Nourish Masque 5.1 oz. (Pack of 6) by swishina
- › Manhattan Toy Skwish Classic by swishina
- › Joovy Caboose Stand On Tandem Stroller, Orangetree by swishina
- › Popchips 6-Flavor Variety Pack, 0.8-Ounce Single Serve Bags (Pack... by swishina
- › First Once a Month Shopping Trip by JenM
- › The New Menu Plan - Once a Month Shopping by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 2/18/13 - Groceries - Budget... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 2/4/13 - Groceries- Budget... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 1/28/13 (Tues Edition) -... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 1/21/13 - Grocery Trip -... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday - Groceries - Budget Update by JenM
- › Playdates on the Fly by Kim
- › The Stockpile by JenM
- › Monday Meal Plan - Weekend Grocery Trips -... by JenM