I use to save $1.00 that have the numbers "70" or "73" in the serial# (together) as those are the years hubby and I were born.
Related Forum Threads
- What is your best money saving tip? Last post on 5/8/13 at 9:19am in Welcome and Introductions
- I just saved at least $80... Last post on 9/24/12 at 2:07pm in Money Saving Tips: Household
- What do you do to fight frugal fatigue? Last post on 1/21/13 at 6:50am in Spending Less and Saving More
- Depression era tips Last post on 10/1/12 at 11:35am in Money Saving Tips: Household
- Top Ideas for Saving Money Daily Last post on 3/4/13 at 9:06am in Spending Less and Saving More
The Who & What - 2013 Goals and Accountability
Edited on 1/3/13
- Using Foursquare to SaveEdited on 8/24/12
- If You Love To Eat OutEdited on 2/7/12
- Save Money Right at HomeEdited on 2/7/12
- saving-money-using-a-co-opEdited on 2/7/12
We discovered Duck Dynasty last fall and bought Season One to catch up. As with any good TV show, there are distinct characters that make it funny. In this case, it's the Robertson family - who...
This is the best, simple rattle for babies. The two bars make it easy to grasp, and it makes the perfect rattle sound when baby shakes it. Not so noisy that it's annoying or disruptive, but...
I LOVE cooking with canned fire-roasted tomatoes! They add a little something extra to every dish whether it be chili or spaghetti sauce. Before finding the Hunt's, I had to pay twice the price...
I tried it because there was a good deal at my local grocery store. My kids honestly aren't much of juice drinkers, but I am. I thought this would be a good beverage to try on my picky eaters. ...
I LOVE this product!!! I tried it for the first time because I LOVE iced tea but not the caffeine. I like juice but it's way too strong and sweet of a flavor to quench my thirst. This herbal...
The $5 Savings Plan - Have you tried it? - Page 5post #42 of 1392/5/12 at 4:10amThread Starterpost #43 of 1392/7/12 at 2:21ampost #44 of 1392/14/12 at 10:25am
We've been doing something similar for a while. We use debit cards exclusively, so we just started getting cash back each time we go grocery shopping and putting that whole $20 in the jar. We go to the grocery store about once every 2 weeks, so it works out about the same as the $5 concept. Happy saving!post #45 of 1392/14/12 at 12:37pmpost #46 of 1392/16/12 at 6:55am
My husband started doing this several years ago, except it was with the $5 bills (when they introduced the newer, colorful money). I thought he was insane, but it has helped us out of several jams (the roof leaking, a vacation mishap, new tires urgently needed on the car, etc.). He then started also saving $10 bills. Last year we used $3,000 of that cash savings to purchase a pop-up camper. I never carry cash and only use my bank/debit card (no credit cards). He uses cash 75% of the time, and travels for work about half the year. He has to get cash at the atm before he leaves and this is how he winds up with so much savings! It is now called our daughter's vacation fund! When she gets older, and wants to go to Disney, or whatever, we can actually do it, with cash savings, and not have to scrimp or tell her no. :-)post #47 of 1392/26/12 at 2:47pmpost #48 of 1392/29/12 at 11:31ampost #49 of 1393/10/12 at 2:36pm
I really liked this idea. I started to give myself a weekly allowance of cash, that covers for any spending, groceries, movies, meals out etc...and dividing that money into weekly envelopes. If I have a big event coming up, I try to spend less the other weeks of the month. I started using the $5 savings plan now too since I have more cash. I started the first week of February and have saved $85 so far and I didn't miss it one bit in my budget...money I probably would have blew on Starbucks or a quick lunch at Subway or something. It's kind of almost a fun game. I bought a Mason Jar and decorated it with stickers and ribbons. Just fun money for me. I am interested to see how much I will have come December. It's nice also to have a little fun money for things your forgot to budget for..ie bd presents etc....Thanks for the idea!post #50 of 1393/10/12 at 6:17pm
I do this for my girls I saved for them for several years , DH saves his change and I have a closet where I keep the pickle jars
last Christmas we took them to the bank over $1200.00 my DH said the kids could have it he was so proud when they gave to the senior center
the have a large TV and we pay the service bill and they had the money to fix the big van .
and with my mad money I gave to the Heating oil fund .
- The $5 Savings Plan - Have you tried it?
- Using Foursquare to Save
- › Dollar Tree and coupons, issues? 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › May Photo a Day Challenge: Favorite Color 7 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › I draw that line at ____ (hygiene) 7 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › what are you favorite current music groups or artist? 8 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Did you buy a Powerball ticket? 8 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Whats for dinner 5/17? 9 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › "Being Busy is a Choice" 12 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Ginger Chocolate-Chip Bars 12 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › NEW Target Mobile Coupons and Shopkick Coupons Available 13 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Avocado Brownies 14 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Duck Dynasty: Season 1 by Kim
- › Bright Starts Rattle and Shake Barbell Rattle by swishina
- › Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz by Annie's Mom
- › V8 Splash Berry Blend 64 oz (Pack of 8) by Annie's Mom
- › Tazo Tazo Iced Tea Passion 6 Bag (Pack Of 4) by Annie's Mom
- › Folgers Fresh Breaks Breakfast Blend Coffee, .85 Ounce (Pack of 8) by Kim
- › L'Oreal Evercreme Deep Nourish Masque 5.1 oz. (Pack of 6) by swishina
- › Manhattan Toy Skwish Classic by swishina
- › Joovy Caboose Stand On Tandem Stroller, Orangetree by swishina
- › Popchips 6-Flavor Variety Pack, 0.8-Ounce Single Serve Bags (Pack... by swishina
- › First Once a Month Shopping Trip by JenM
- › The New Menu Plan - Once a Month Shopping by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 2/18/13 - Groceries - Budget... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 2/4/13 - Groceries- Budget... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 1/28/13 (Tues Edition) -... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 1/21/13 - Grocery Trip -... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday - Groceries - Budget Update by JenM
- › Playdates on the Fly by Kim
- › The Stockpile by JenM
- › Monday Meal Plan - Weekend Grocery Trips -... by JenM