If they're too stained to donate or re-sell, do you have other uses for them? I'm looking for ideas!
- topicFrugal Livingtagged by System, 2/7/12
Related Forum Threads
- Do you Reuse Aluminum Foil? Last post on Today at 12:03 pm in Simple + Green Living
- Non-Cooking Uses for Olive Oil Last post on 7/11/14 at 1:09pm in Simple + Green Living
- Make an emergency oil lamp from an orange and olive oil! What?!? Last post on 6/27/14 at 2:48pm in Simple + Green Living
- Cheap Water Play for Kids for $5 or Less Last post on 6/27/14 at 1:04pm in Money Saving Tips: Entertainment and Leisure
- Emergency Water Filter (Camping or Natural Disasters) Last post on 6/20/14 at 10:22am in Simple + Green Living
The Who & What - 2013 Goals and Accountability
Last edited: 1/3/13
- Using Foursquare to SaveLast edited: 8/24/12
- If You Love To Eat OutLast edited: 2/7/12
- Save Money Right at HomeLast edited: 2/7/12
- saving-money-using-a-co-opLast edited: 2/7/12
Suave Professionals shampoo and conditioner are my favorite hair care products. I used to go with whatever I good find for a good deal. When I was younger I went with the cheap stuff for $1. ...
Sunsweet Ones has been a favorite snack of mine for awhile. I always liked the orange and lemon essence prunes. I never liked the regular ones but I thought I was give them a try. I really do...
So I totally LOVE the idea of apple sauce in pouches! We have been buying the GoGo Squeez Cinnamon Apple Sauce for awhile. The flavor is great, it's mess-free and perfect for lunches and...
My kids are 4 and 7. They are getting a little old for the whole "baby pool" thing. I didn't want to spend tons of money so I spent $8 on this basic slip-in-slide at Target. It's kind of a "get...
"Santa" got this toy for my two girls ages 3 and 6 (at the time) for Christmas. They both LOVE Doc McStuffins and it's different from the standard "kitchen sets" so we were excited about it. Six...
Uses for old clothes and rags?post #1 of 92/7/12 at 11:12amThread Starter
Mommysavers Deals of the Weekpost #2 of 92/7/12 at 11:14ampost #3 of 92/7/12 at 11:17ampost #4 of 92/7/12 at 11:25ampost #5 of 92/7/12 at 12:27pmpost #6 of 92/7/12 at 12:54pmpost #7 of 92/8/12 at 6:10am
Rugs go to the outside door to catch the mud, if they are to bad they go to the dogs pens for bedding.
Old Clothes. I cut the good parts out if there is a big enough area and the material is the type I sew with and put in my sewing stash. Buttons, zippers and pockets get cut off for future use also.
Really bad clothes get used as rags for mulitple uses.post #8 of 92/8/12 at 1:36pmI have what we call "Grubby Towels" in the laundry room for any gross messes in the house, and another stack in the garage for washing cars or covering the van's upholstery if a dirty dog is hitching a ride. My kids use them to cover the floor when they're giving themselves pedicures in front of the tv, and to cover the dining room table when doing crafts.
I use them for cleaning, instead of paper towels. Others, I donate to the animal shelter. They always seem to need them. I think our vet's office will take them, too.post #9 of 92/10/12 at 4:23pm
Anything white or light colored that isn't too badly stained can be tie dyed and salvaged. You have to use good quality dye though to really absorb into the material and be dark enough to cover stains.
I just used an old t-shirt with a hole in it to make a ruffled, reverse appliqued dress for my niece. I just cut the t-shirt into strips and ruffled them. Next I attached them to a 5 that I had cut out of muslin and then reverse appliqued that to a dress I'd picked up at Walmart for $2. Now we have a great dress to give her for her 5th birthday!
- Uses for old clothes and rags?
- Using Foursquare to Save
- › Thought I'd seen it all (Wedding related) 47 minutes ago
- › Help for a murky pond? 50 minutes ago
- › On YOUR birthday, have you ever sent your MOM a gift? (spin off to... 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › Have three $5 enfamil coupons, want three $5 similac coupons 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › Cottage Cheese ideas. 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › Tween Fashion choices 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › Couponing Memberships: Worth the Cost? 2 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Free Education Program 3 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › What have you done this week to save money.....7/21 4 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Stained Glass Window Cookies Recipe 4 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Smoothing Shampoo, 12.6 Ounce... by Annie's Mom
- › Sunsweet Ones Super Select California Prunes by Annie's Mom
- › GoGo SqueeZ applecinnamon, Applesauce on the Go, 3.2-Ounce Pouches... by Annie's Mom
- › Banzai Soak N Splash Water Slide by Annie's Mom
- › Doc McStuffins Deluxe Get Better Check-Up Center by Annie's Mom
- › Resolve Carpet Pet High Traffic Foam, 22 Ounce (Pack of 2) by Annie's Mom
- › SodaStream Fountain Jet Home Soda Maker Starter Kit, Black and Silver by Annie's Mom
- › Fiber One Fruit Flavored Snacks Mixed Berry - 10 CT by swishina
- › Casabella Small Contour Sponge Waffle Texture (Pack of 24) by Williamcn
- › Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His... by tcomfortbl
- › 6 Tips on Getting Your Kid Their First Cell...
- › How to save on cost when moving home
- › Make Your Own Jewellery and Expand Your Brain...
- › Tips for the Perfect Dollhouse Bathroom
- › The Positive and Negative Effects of Sun...
- › 4 Reasons for You to Have a Bunk Bed
- › Online party dresses are a great wardrobe...
- › Own a beautiful home on the banks of Lake...
- › A LehengaCholi adds Elegance to your Wardrobe
- › The Financial Side to Preparing for a Big...