If they're too stained to donate or re-sell, do you have other uses for them? I'm looking for ideas!
- topicFrugal Livingtagged by System, 2/7/12
Related Forum Threads
- Are frugal people more attractive? Last post on 10/22/13 at 10:34am in Spending Less and Saving More
- Frugal living tip of the day....keep a price book Last post on 9/12/13 at 7:23am in Spending Less and Saving More
- Frugal living tip of the day....check out savingstar.com Last post on 9/2/13 at 6:17am in Spending Less and Saving More
- Frugal living tip of the day.....check out the Sunday sale ads Last post on 9/1/13 at 8:51pm in Spending Less and Saving More
- Frugal living tip of the day.....check out the Target Dollar Spot Last post on 9/1/13 at 7:45pm in Spending Less and Saving More
The Who & What - 2013 Goals and Accountability
Last edited: 1/3/13
- Using Foursquare to SaveLast edited: 8/24/12
- If You Love To Eat OutLast edited: 2/7/12
- Save Money Right at HomeLast edited: 2/7/12
- saving-money-using-a-co-opLast edited: 2/7/12
I love this book, it is very powerful. I believe that they have a book for kids to read, I should really get a copy and have my 8 year old read it!
These are my new favorite spoons. I like spoons with a shallow bowl because otherwise it is hard for the baby to get all the food off of the spoon, or the bite is too big. These are just the right...
I definitely prefer this silicone baby feeder to the old mesh variety. The silicone is easy to clean, dishwasher safe, and chewy for the baby. The opening to get the food in is a little small,...
I really disliked these Yo' Drops for the following reasons: They taste gross They are incredibly expensive They have the same texture as Pop Rocks. Which is fine for Pop Rocks,...
Wreck It Ralph has become one of the favorite movies at our house, and not just for the kids. I've even enjoyed watching it multiple times over the past few months. It's clever, it's funny,...
Uses for old clothes and rags?post #1 of 92/7/12 at 11:12amThread Starter
Mommysavers Deals of the Weekpost #2 of 92/7/12 at 11:14ampost #3 of 92/7/12 at 11:17ampost #4 of 92/7/12 at 11:25ampost #5 of 92/7/12 at 12:27pmpost #6 of 92/7/12 at 12:54pmpost #7 of 92/8/12 at 6:10am
Rugs go to the outside door to catch the mud, if they are to bad they go to the dogs pens for bedding.
Old Clothes. I cut the good parts out if there is a big enough area and the material is the type I sew with and put in my sewing stash. Buttons, zippers and pockets get cut off for future use also.
Really bad clothes get used as rags for mulitple uses.post #8 of 92/8/12 at 1:36pmI have what we call "Grubby Towels" in the laundry room for any gross messes in the house, and another stack in the garage for washing cars or covering the van's upholstery if a dirty dog is hitching a ride. My kids use them to cover the floor when they're giving themselves pedicures in front of the tv, and to cover the dining room table when doing crafts.
I use them for cleaning, instead of paper towels. Others, I donate to the animal shelter. They always seem to need them. I think our vet's office will take them, too.post #9 of 92/10/12 at 4:23pm
Anything white or light colored that isn't too badly stained can be tie dyed and salvaged. You have to use good quality dye though to really absorb into the material and be dark enough to cover stains.
I just used an old t-shirt with a hole in it to make a ruffled, reverse appliqued dress for my niece. I just cut the t-shirt into strips and ruffled them. Next I attached them to a 5 that I had cut out of muslin and then reverse appliqued that to a dress I'd picked up at Walmart for $2. Now we have a great dress to give her for her 5th birthday!
- Uses for old clothes and rags?
- Using Foursquare to Save
- › What will your family do if milk prices do soar to over $7 a gallon? 3 minutes ago
- › What is the longest you've ever had to wait for a doctors appt? 23 minutes ago
- › Teen gets 10 yrs probation for dui & killing 4 people 26 minutes ago
- › See if you can guess 32 minutes ago
- › Gift Cards vs. Cash? 33 minutes ago
- › Tomorrow is 12/13 are you superstition 50 minutes ago
- › $1 off Ghirardelli holiday candy 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › $1 off Pepperidge Farm Cookies 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › December Crop Chit Chat 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › How much did your chest grow while pregnant? 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His... by tcomfortbl
- › Gerber Graduates BPA Free 6 Pack Soft Bite Infant Spoon, Colors May... by swishina
- › [Award Winning] Kidsme Food Feeder (Large size) by swishina
- › Plum Kids Organic Yo' Drops Berry Blast, 5-Count (Pack of 8) by swishina
- › WRECK IT RALPH WRECK IT RALPH by swishina
- › Pampers Baby Dry Diapers Jumbo Pack, Size 2, 42 Count by swishina
- › Pampers Easy Ups Diapers, Boy, Size 4, 26-Count by swishina
- › Duck Dynasty: Season 1 by Kim
- › Bright Starts Rattle and Shake Barbell Rattle by swishina
- › Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz by Annie's Mom
- › Understanding File Sharing by simonhopes
- › 7 Best Ways to Cut Your Small Business Expenses by simonhopes
- › Protecting your iPhone with insurance by simonhopes
- › A Look Into the Future: Five Amazing... by Tomclark
- › How to Find the Best Cyber Monday Online... by mandymorris
- › Winter Sun Protection for Your Baby by mandymorris
- › Dorm Room Gardens Save on College by AmandaGreene
- › DIY School Supplies by AmandaGreene
- › How to Get Kids off Their PC and other... by Kim
- › Saving Money When Buying Beauty Products by DLWright