If they're too stained to donate or re-sell, do you have other uses for them? I'm looking for ideas!
- topicFrugal Livingtagged by System, 2/7/12
Related Forum Threads
- Using Diaper Cream for other things (besides baby butts) Last post on 4/3/14 at 8:40pm in Money Saving Tips: Household
- I scrimp on ______ so I can splurge on _______. Last post on 3/9/14 at 6:52am in Simple + Green Living
- Let's set the record straight about frugal living. Last post on 3/10/14 at 6:09am in Spending Less and Saving More
- What are some frugal indoor fun family activities to do at home? Last post on 2/9/14 at 4:27pm in Money Saving Tips: Entertainment and Leisure
- Roasted Broccoli (Healthy, Delicious, and Shockingly Addicting!) Last post on 3/25/14 at 6:22am in Kitchen Chatter
The Who & What - 2013 Goals and Accountability
Last edited: 1/3/13
- Using Foursquare to SaveLast edited: 8/24/12
- If You Love To Eat OutLast edited: 2/7/12
- Save Money Right at HomeLast edited: 2/7/12
- saving-money-using-a-co-opLast edited: 2/7/12
I recently got a great deal on the Fiber One fruit snacks, so I grabbed them without even looking at the box. I was amazed to discover that the first ingredient is actually fruit juice AND they are...
I used it to clean tiles and plastic furniture because I love for them to look fresh clean. It was amazing, I am going to buy this product for sure!
I love this book, it is very powerful. I believe that they have a book for kids to read, I should really get a copy and have my 8 year old read it!
These are my new favorite spoons. I like spoons with a shallow bowl because otherwise it is hard for the baby to get all the food off of the spoon, or the bite is too big. These are just the right...
I definitely prefer this silicone baby feeder to the old mesh variety. The silicone is easy to clean, dishwasher safe, and chewy for the baby. The opening to get the food in is a little small,...
Uses for old clothes and rags?post #1 of 92/7/12 at 11:12amThread Starter
Mommysavers Deals of the Weekpost #2 of 92/7/12 at 11:14ampost #3 of 92/7/12 at 11:17ampost #4 of 92/7/12 at 11:25ampost #5 of 92/7/12 at 12:27pmpost #6 of 92/7/12 at 12:54pmpost #7 of 92/8/12 at 6:10am
Rugs go to the outside door to catch the mud, if they are to bad they go to the dogs pens for bedding.
Old Clothes. I cut the good parts out if there is a big enough area and the material is the type I sew with and put in my sewing stash. Buttons, zippers and pockets get cut off for future use also.
Really bad clothes get used as rags for mulitple uses.post #8 of 92/8/12 at 1:36pmI have what we call "Grubby Towels" in the laundry room for any gross messes in the house, and another stack in the garage for washing cars or covering the van's upholstery if a dirty dog is hitching a ride. My kids use them to cover the floor when they're giving themselves pedicures in front of the tv, and to cover the dining room table when doing crafts.
I use them for cleaning, instead of paper towels. Others, I donate to the animal shelter. They always seem to need them. I think our vet's office will take them, too.post #9 of 92/10/12 at 4:23pm
Anything white or light colored that isn't too badly stained can be tie dyed and salvaged. You have to use good quality dye though to really absorb into the material and be dark enough to cover stains.
I just used an old t-shirt with a hole in it to make a ruffled, reverse appliqued dress for my niece. I just cut the t-shirt into strips and ruffled them. Next I attached them to a 5 that I had cut out of muslin and then reverse appliqued that to a dress I'd picked up at Walmart for $2. Now we have a great dress to give her for her 5th birthday!
- Uses for old clothes and rags?
- Using Foursquare to Save
- › How often do you paint your interior walls? 1 minute ago
- › Staying on Budget over the weekend 7 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › What happens to all of your boiled Easter eggs? 8 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › What's your favorite color? 9 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Teaching kids to drive 11 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › I can't remember the last time I bought ________ 11 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › What did you eat for supper today (4/15)? 12 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Coffee or tea? 12 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › 4/14: How have you saved this week? 13 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Hello from a simple country girl living in very modern world 14 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Fiber One Fruit Flavored Snacks Mixed Berry - 10 CT by swishina
- › Casabella Small Contour Sponge Waffle Texture (Pack of 24) by Williamcn
- › Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His... by tcomfortbl
- › Gerber Graduates BPA Free 6 Pack Soft Bite Infant Spoon, Colors May... by swishina
- › [Award Winning] Kidsme Food Feeder (Large size) by swishina
- › Plum Kids Organic Yo' Drops Berry Blast, 5-Count (Pack of 8) by swishina
- › WRECK IT RALPH WRECK IT RALPH by swishina
- › Pampers Baby Dry Diapers Jumbo Pack, Size 2, 42 Count by swishina
- › Pampers Easy Ups Diapers, Boy, Size 4, 26-Count by swishina
- › Duck Dynasty: Season 1 by Kim
- › 5 Tips That Will Help Moms Saving Money and... by shalycriston
- › Potty Training Girls for Better Parenting by geraldakim
- › Keep an Eye on Brownish Discharge During... by TanyaFrantz
- › Process to Getting Fertility Treatments for... by shalycriston
- › A gipsy boot to suit every occasion by geraldakim
- › 4 Free Android Apps Busy Mothers Should Use by justinewilliams
- › The Best Ways To Consume The Garcinia... by aricarial0
- › Why are maternity pillows helpful? by Laurahardy
- › Benefits of Exercise in the Battle against... by geraldakim
- › Tablets for Moms: the Best on a Budget by justinewilliams