If they're too stained to donate or re-sell, do you have other uses for them? I'm looking for ideas!
- topicFrugal Livingtagged by System, 2/7/12
Related Forum Threads
- Creative and Easy Ways to Reuse Old Plastic Water Bottles Last post on 10/16/14 at 6:03pm in Your Creative Side
- Making Home Decor and Gifts with Old Milk Jugs! Last post on 10/9/14 at 7:49am in Your Creative Side
- Entertaining Your Kids with Old Milk Jugs Last post on 4/4/15 at 4:27am in Your Creative Side
- No Sew Tee Shirt Using Glue Last post on 9/24/14 at 5:33pm in Your Creative Side
- No Sew Tee Shirt Tote! We are doing this tonight! Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:27am in Your Creative Side
The Who & What - 2013 Goals and Accountability
Last edited: 1/3/13
- Using Foursquare to SaveLast edited: 8/24/12
- If You Love To Eat OutLast edited: 2/7/12
- saving-money-using-a-co-opLast edited: 2/7/12
- save-money-on-your-groceriesLast edited: 2/7/12
This is a spit-out-your-coffee-laughing type of book about a young chip and dale sort of guy who is completely overwhelmed by being a boy toy to three cougars. He thinks of himself as the modern...
We bought this for our then 6 year old daughter Christmas of 2013. She loves it and still plays with it. She likes recording memories and she loves the voice activated password (It totally works...
I bought this dress to fit our 18 inch American Girl Doll (shopping ahead for Christmas before all of the good stuff is sold out!). This dress costs $19 if you include the shipping. I thought...
Great Story! A little different from her other stories that I have read, but catchy. Has a dark element to the story but adds a twist to the usual. Plus it is based in Ireland which is always a...
Suave Professionals shampoo and conditioner are my favorite hair care products. I used to go with whatever I good find for a good deal. When I was younger I went with the cheap stuff for $1. ...
Uses for old clothes and rags?post #1 of 92/7/12 at 11:12amThread Starter
Mommysavers Deals of the Weekpost #2 of 92/7/12 at 11:14ampost #3 of 92/7/12 at 11:17ampost #4 of 92/7/12 at 11:25ampost #5 of 92/7/12 at 12:27pmpost #6 of 92/7/12 at 12:54pmpost #7 of 92/8/12 at 6:10am
Rugs go to the outside door to catch the mud, if they are to bad they go to the dogs pens for bedding.
Old Clothes. I cut the good parts out if there is a big enough area and the material is the type I sew with and put in my sewing stash. Buttons, zippers and pockets get cut off for future use also.
Really bad clothes get used as rags for mulitple uses.post #8 of 92/8/12 at 1:36pmI have what we call "Grubby Towels" in the laundry room for any gross messes in the house, and another stack in the garage for washing cars or covering the van's upholstery if a dirty dog is hitching a ride. My kids use them to cover the floor when they're giving themselves pedicures in front of the tv, and to cover the dining room table when doing crafts.
I use them for cleaning, instead of paper towels. Others, I donate to the animal shelter. They always seem to need them. I think our vet's office will take them, too.post #9 of 92/10/12 at 4:23pm
Anything white or light colored that isn't too badly stained can be tie dyed and salvaged. You have to use good quality dye though to really absorb into the material and be dark enough to cover stains.
I just used an old t-shirt with a hole in it to make a ruffled, reverse appliqued dress for my niece. I just cut the t-shirt into strips and ruffled them. Next I attached them to a 5 that I had cut out of muslin and then reverse appliqued that to a dress I'd picked up at Walmart for $2. Now we have a great dress to give her for her 5th birthday!
- Uses for old clothes and rags?
- Using Foursquare to Save
- › When to Buy What: Grocery Sales Calendar 2 days, 1 hour ago
- › Does anyone use lbotta? 2 days, 1 hour ago
- › 5 ingredients or less recipes 2 days, 1 hour ago
- › Does anyone know of any other things you can sell for besides... 2 days, 3 hours ago
- › Join a Coupon Train Here 2 days, 11 hours ago
- › 4 Piece Bed Sheet Set, High Quality Microfiber start from $9.90 +... 2 days, 18 hours ago
- › Advice For Getting Out of Debt 3 days, 3 hours ago
- › Should we teach touch typing to children? 3 days, 6 hours ago
- › Did you do anything creative to save money on your wedding? 3 days, 7 hours ago
- › Resources & Support for Moms on a Weightloss Journey 3 days, 7 hours ago
- › Catnip by aimee28
- › Keepsake Box by Annie's Mom
- › Ebuddy ® Disney Frozen Elsa Sparkle Princess Dress for 18"... by Annie's Mom
- › Dark Witch (Cousins O'Dwyer) by Ellie Mae
- › Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Smoothing Shampoo, 12.6 Ounce... by Annie's Mom
- › Sunsweet Ones Super Select California Prunes by Annie's Mom
- › GoGo SqueeZ applecinnamon, Applesauce on the Go, 3.2-Ounce Pouches... by Annie's Mom
- › Banzai Soak N Splash Water Slide by Annie's Mom
- › Doc McStuffins Deluxe Get Better Check-Up Center by Annie's Mom
- › Resolve Carpet Pet High Traffic Foam, 22 Ounce (Pack of 2) by Annie's Mom
- › Meal Plan Monday 2/18/13 - Groceries - Budget...
- › Meal Plan Monday 2/4/13 - Groceries- Budget...
- › Meal Plan Monday 1/28/13 (Tues Edition) -...
- › Meal Plan Monday 1/21/13 - Grocery Trip -...
- › Meal Plan Monday - Groceries - Budget Update
- › The Stockpile
- › Monday Meal Plan - Weekend Grocery Trips -...
- › The Who & What - 2013 Goals and...
- › Contest Terms and Conditions Mommy Me Time
- › Using Foursquare to Save