I love thrift stores, I went to one with my family on Monday and for $51 here is what we got...
1 Bread Machine
4 Women's shirts
2 Toddler Shirts
1 Pair of Men's heavy winter boots
2 pairs of Women's Shoes (one of the pairs of shoes I got were Coach!)
Here is a pic the the shirts we got
Tips for finding the best deals:
1. Check if your thrift store has specials for certain days of the week. For instance the thrift store I go to (Savers) has deals on certain color tags. Thursday - Sunday it's 50% off the specified color. On Monday anything left of that color is $0.99 no matter what the tag says. I have gotten some great coats for $0.99. They also had another color tag that was 50% off on Monday.
2. If you are a senior ask if they have a Seniors day or a general Senior discount.
3. If you have items to donate check if you get a discount when you donate items.
4. Check the items over for damage, make sure you really are getting something of value and something you really do need.
5. Subscribe to the thrift stores newsletter to be informed of special deals, I know Savers has a lot of special days on certain holidays where all used items are 50% off.