What kind of games do your kids like to play in the pool (indoor and outdoor pools) or in the water? Here are some ideas, but let me know what I've missed!
- Diving for pennies. We used to have a pool in the back yard and the kids LOVED diving for coins. We'd throw in pennies, nickels, and quarters.
- Use an inflatable ring and a beach ball to see if you can get the ball to land (and stay) on top of the ring. To play teams, use two inflatable rings and ping pong balls. The first team to get their ping-pong balls in their ring wins.
- Ice cube hunt. Throw a bunch of ice cubes in the pool and set the timer. The player that collects the most in a certain amount of time wins.
- Play sponge tag with a huge sponge (the kind you'd use to wash a car). Thoroughly saturate it, and the one who is "it" throws it at the other players. If it hits someone, that person is "it."
- Squirt gun tag. Fill the squirt guns with cold water.
- Sprinkler "freeze" game. This one is like musical chairs, but instead the kids dance around a sprinkler that's turned off. The music goes off, and the kids have to "freeze." Turn the sprinkler on, and the first one to move is out; and so on and so on until there is one winner remaining.
- Water balloon toss. Have partners start close together and toss the balloon back and forth to each other. The last team with a balloon still intact wins.
- This one is similar to 'hot potato' only with water balloons. Turn the music on, and have kids pass the water balloon around a circle. When the music stops, the player left holding the balloon has to break it over his/her head, sit on it, or somehow break it.
- The Slip N Slide is always fun. Add a little shampoo to make it slippery.
- Water limbo. Instead of using a pole, have kids do the limbo under a stream of water from the hose.
- Put baby in a small backyard wading pool. Fill your ice cube trays with water, adding a drop of food coloring to each section. When frozen, these can be popped out and put in baby’s pool. He’ll have fun “chasing” them around in the tub and trying to grab them before they melt