I made Split Pea Soup this week for St. Patrick's Day. I bought a 1 lb bag of split peas for $.88 at Walmart. The recipe only uses half so we used the other half for this St. Patrick's Day craft.
- liquid glue (white school glue works great)
- split green peas (a couple tablespoons is plenty)
- Draw a shamrock on the paper, or help your child draw one.
- Trace part of the shamrock with the glue. Start at the top so you don't mess up your work as you move on. And don't do all the glue at once, or it will dry.
- Cover the glue lines with split peas! They should be flat-side down. Tip: place the split pea on the paper, then slide it over onto the glue with your finger.
- Repeat until your entire shamrock is outlined in split peas.
- My 5 year old did this in two sessions. If your little one has a short attention span, just make a smaller shamrock!
We have dozens more St. Patrick's Day craft and recipe ideas - check them out!