Mommysavers › Forums › Hobbies & Home › Your Creative Side › Are you worried about all the Pinterest and copyright questions that have popped up?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Are you worried about all the Pinterest and copyright questions that have popped up? - Page 2

post #11 of 20

How cool is this?  It's all about how to find the original image source of any photo you pin on Pinterest.

post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post

How cool is this?  It's all about how to find the original image source of any photo you pin on Pinterest.



That's great to know!  Thanks for finding this, Kim.

 

post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post



That kind of thing should be reported.  Let me (or Shell) know if you ever see anything like that.  The only ones I've seen are Ellie Mae's, which are from her own blog so she owns the copyright.

Well it was the drunken gummies Shell posted. I saw the exact same recipe in the same order, same numbers, the same picture and the exact same words written in the exact same font on the picture. I wasn't sure who posted it first but when I pinned it I pinned it from the blog because it was chronologically the first to post it. Of course maybe Shell has a blog and posted it first and the person stole it from her.

edited to add: Although I just went and checked again and Shell posted it last Sept. I thought it had just been posted because someone bumped it up and I thought it was new (I keep getting confused with so many bumped up posts all of a sudden) so maybe Shell's WAS first. If so, someone else stole it and posted it on their blog without giving you credit.
Edited by aliadam - 3/14/12 at 6:11pm
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post

How cool is this?  It's all about how to find the original image source of any photo you pin on Pinterest.



Thanks, Kim, that is very cool! 

post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliadam View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post



That kind of thing should be reported.  Let me (or Shell) know if you ever see anything like that.  The only ones I've seen are Ellie Mae's, which are from her own blog so she owns the copyright.

Well it was the drunken gummies Shell posted. I saw the exact same recipe in the same order, same numbers, the same picture and the exact same words written in the exact same font on the picture. I wasn't sure who posted it first but when I pinned it I pinned it from the blog because it was chronologically the first to post it. Of course maybe Shell has a blog and posted it first and the person stole it from her.

edited to add: Although I just went and checked again and Shell posted it last Sept. I thought it had just been posted because someone bumped it up and I thought it was new (I keep getting confused with so many bumped up posts all of a sudden) so maybe Shell's WAS first. If so, someone else stole it and posted it on their blog without giving you credit.

The Gummy bear picture (original/ drunken) was MINE..from MY camera...I am the original photo taker and added the font (NOT a watermark) with Picnik. While I did get A drunken gummy recipe from another source; I changed it so much that I felt no need to credit the original source anymore.

I have ZERO problem with anyone using a picture I've posted to Mommysavers...that's why I post it....to inspire others. In the future though,I'd appreciate it if you checked your facts BEFORE making an accusatory statement about about anyone on Mommysavers....or handle your concerns privately via PM.
post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliadam View Post


Well it was the drunken gummies Shell posted. I saw the exact same recipe in the same order, same numbers, the same picture and the exact same words written in the exact same font on the picture. I wasn't sure who posted it first but when I pinned it I pinned it from the blog because it was chronologically the first to post it. Of course maybe Shell has a blog and posted it first and the person stole it from her.


I know her well enough to say that Shell would never do such a thing.  That's a pretty strong accusation to make of someone in Shell's role here as Forum Manager on Mommysavers.  I personally think you owe her an apology.

post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bearsmom View Post

The Gummy bear picture (original/ drunken) was MINE..from MY camera...I am the original photo taker and added the font (NOT a watermark) with Picnik. While I did get A drunken gummy recipe from another source; I changed it so much that I felt no need to credit the original source anymore.
I have ZERO problem with anyone using a picture I've posted to Mommysavers...that's why I post it....to inspire others. In the future though,I'd appreciate it if you checked your facts BEFORE making an accusatory statement about about anyone on Mommysavers....or handle your concerns privately via PM.

You should go to my pinterest board then and find the drunken gummy bears recipe. I linked it to their site because it was older I THOUGHT, but then yesterday realized someone had bumped up your post which was old (I thought it was new). If I was you I'd contact them and insist they remove it, especially since they stole the picture too! That would make me very cranky. Well, actually more than cranky!

And as to the rest of your comment......I DIDN'T post it on MS when I first found out. I ignored it. I didn't even post it when Blessed with 6 first wrote the post. I ignored it. I ONLY posted it when Kim said I should. So as far as I'm concerned I didn't cross any boundaries since I was ASKED what it was. I have been accused of LOTS of things here on MS including being racist openly on the board and I don't remember anyone's panties in a wad over that. No one even apologized to me from the administration despite the fact it was a mod that did it.
Edited by aliadam - 3/15/12 at 12:13pm
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliadam View Post


You should go to my pinterest board then and find the drunken gummy bears recipe. I linked it to their site because it was older I THOUGHT, but then yesterday realized someone had bumped up your post which was old (I thought it was new). If I was you I'd contact them and insist they remove it, especially since they stole the picture too! That would make me very cranky. Well, actually more than cranky!
And as to the rest of your comment......I DIDN'T post it on MS when I first found out. I ignored it. I didn't even post it when Blessed with 6 first wrote the post. I ignored it. I ONLY posted it when Kim said I should. So as far as I'm concerned I didn't cross any boundaries since I was ASKED what it was. I have been accused of LOTS of things here on MS including being racist openly on the board and I don't remember anyone's panties in a wad over that. No one even apologized to me from the administration despite the fact it was a mod that did it.


I went to your Pinterest board and the drunken gummy bears recipe you had pinned doesn't use the same photos or even the same recipe as Shell's does... so I'm a little confused.  Nobody is in any sort of copyright violation here.  The idea of creating vodka-infused gummy bears isn't unique to anyone.

 

While I did say to bring any copyright violations to our attention, I didn't mean for you to openly accuse anyone on the main board.  You've been told repeatedly to take up any issues you have with how we do things in private and would hope you would do that in the future.

 

post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliadam View Post

I'm not sure who stole it from whom, but it's obvious they both weren't the original yet neither gave the other credit nor provided a link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliadam View Post

I wasn't sure who posted it first Of course maybe Shell has a blog and posted it first and the person stole it from her.
edited to add: maybe Shell's WAS first. If so, someone else stole it and posted it on their blog without giving you credit.

I guess I still fail to see how I accused Shell of anything. All I did was note that I'd seen two recipes the same and with the same picture. I admitted I didn't know who was the first person to post it and said the other person might be the one that stole it.
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post

How cool is this?  It's all about how to find the original image source of any photo you pin on Pinterest.



There is an extension for Google Chrome called Tiny Eye that lets you right click on any photo and do the same thing.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Your Creative Side
Mommysavers › Forums › Hobbies & Home › Your Creative Side › Are you worried about all the Pinterest and copyright questions that have popped up?