Has anyone prepared Swai?
Mommysavers Deals of the Week
- 2,420 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
We just has swai last Friday night and LOVED it! I bought some a few weeks ago at the Dominicks meat counter and it was a great deal. I can't remember the price per pound, but if I remember right it was cheaper than tilapia. The butcher said that while it is in the catfish family, it tastes nothing like catfish. I am super picky about fish, but he assured me it didnt taste fishy. Anyway, I wish we had bought more it was so good. Great meaty texture, no bones and definitely not fishy. Here is how I prepared it:
- Washed/rinsed the fillets well (ours were really big fillets)
- checked for bones & found none
- put 9x13 glass pan in 350 oven with about 1/2 stick butter
- once the butter was melted, I pulled the pan out of the oven and put the fillets in
- turned fillets over so both sides got buttered
- sprinkled fair amount of cajun seasoning and a little black pepper on the fillets
- baked in oven until done (making sure not to overcook)
I will definitely buy more of this. It tastes very mild like Cod or Haddock, but is cheaper.