Leave a tip on entertaining your toddler or preschooler on a budget as a reply to this post. From homemade toys to rainy day activities - we want to hear about your best ideas! Photos are a plus!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DIY Frozen Yogurt Cones ("Drumsticks") Last post on 6/13/13 at 12:18pm in Desserts
- Toddler Road Trip Activity: Snack Necklaces Last post on 6/12/13 at 11:26am in Toddlers & Preschoolers
- Easter Basket Coloring Pictures Last post on 4/18/13 at 6:40am in Your Creative Side
- Easter Egg Lunch Last post on 3/22/13 at 9:13am in Your Creative Side
- Christmas Treat & Kids Activity: Marshmallow Snowman Last post on 12/5/12 at 7:26pm in Desserts
I've been pretty flexible on diaper brands with my third baby, buying whatever I can get the best deal on. One week, that happened to be Pampers Baby Dry. The diapers seem about the same as...
These are the worse pull-on type training pants I've tried (including random brands I used in Asia). Worst of all, they are extremely bulky and heavy. It's difficult to tell if they were "used"...
We discovered Duck Dynasty last fall and bought Season One to catch up. As with any good TV show, there are distinct characters that make it funny. In this case, it's the Robertson family - who...
This is the best, simple rattle for babies. The two bars make it easy to grasp, and it makes the perfect rattle sound when baby shakes it. Not so noisy that it's annoying or disruptive, but...
I LOVE cooking with canned fire-roasted tomatoes! They add a little something extra to every dish whether it be chili or spaghetti sauce. Before finding the Hunt's, I had to pay twice the price...
Entertaining your toddler or preschooler on a budget
I do I do! LOL! The most frugal entertainment we use is the library, they have story time every week and during the summer they have FREE activities to do with younger kids and it is so fun! Vacation Bible school is another, it lasts a whole week and they get to do so many crafts!
Edited by team-edward - 5/18/12 at 5:36am
My absolute favorite frugal keep the kids busy activity is water park day! We have a covered wood deck porch with rails and an overhang - I baby gate the stairs and than put the plastic baby pool up there and hang one of those long kids sprinklers that have water squirting out on 20 different places from the hooks for my hanging baskets on the roof. Than I put just a little water in the pool and put tons of buckets, balls, water balloons, and other random toys.I fill several squirt guns up and make a bubble station, then I put on some music, swimsuits and sunscreen and release them to the "Water Park" they play for hours while I put my beach chair out in the sun and relax and just watch them have all the fun in the world. Than when I get too hot I go and sit in the pool and allow them to pour buckets of water on me and pretend that I don't want them too and try to run away (which makes it that much more fun for them!)
- › Just a heads up if you order online from Target 1 minute ago
- › What's for dinner 6/18 3 minutes ago
- › So Kim & Kanye's baby has been born!! 18 minutes ago
- › The Voice--Final Performance Tonight 20 minutes ago
- › Woman's Mustache 29 minutes ago
- › What specials do they have in elementary school? 38 minutes ago
- › Camp cash 44 minutes ago
- › What is the longest vacation you have ever taken? 57 minutes ago
- › April Crop - Chit Chat 57 minutes ago
- › PQOTD: When you you normally go to the grocery store? 58 minutes ago
- › Pampers Baby Dry Diapers Jumbo Pack, Size 2, 42 Count by swishina
- › Pampers Easy Ups Diapers, Boy, Size 4, 26-Count by swishina
- › Duck Dynasty: Season 1 by Kim
- › Bright Starts Rattle and Shake Barbell Rattle by swishina
- › Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz by Annie's Mom
- › V8 Splash Berry Blend 64 oz (Pack of 8) by Annie's Mom
- › Tazo Tazo Iced Tea Passion 6 Bag (Pack Of 4) by Annie's Mom
- › Folgers Fresh Breaks Breakfast Blend Coffee, .85 Ounce (Pack of 8) by Kim
- › L'Oreal Evercreme Deep Nourish Masque 5.1 oz. (Pack of 6) by swishina
- › Manhattan Toy Skwish Classic by swishina
- › First Once a Month Shopping Trip by JenM
- › The New Menu Plan - Once a Month Shopping by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 2/18/13 - Groceries - Budget... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 2/4/13 - Groceries- Budget... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 1/28/13 (Tues Edition) -... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 1/21/13 - Grocery Trip -... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday - Groceries - Budget Update by JenM
- › Playdates on the Fly by Kim
- › The Stockpile by JenM
- › Monday Meal Plan - Weekend Grocery Trips -... by JenM