What an awesome hill!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DIY Frozen Yogurt Cones ("Drumsticks") Last post on 6/13/13 at 12:18pm in Desserts
- Toddler Road Trip Activity: Snack Necklaces Last post on 6/12/13 at 11:26am in Toddlers & Preschoolers
- Easter Basket Coloring Pictures Last post on 4/18/13 at 6:40am in Your Creative Side
- Easter Egg Lunch Last post on 3/22/13 at 9:13am in Your Creative Side
- Christmas Treat & Kids Activity: Marshmallow Snowman Last post on 12/5/12 at 7:26pm in Desserts
I've been pretty flexible on diaper brands with my third baby, buying whatever I can get the best deal on. One week, that happened to be Pampers Baby Dry. The diapers seem about the same as...
These are the worse pull-on type training pants I've tried (including random brands I used in Asia). Worst of all, they are extremely bulky and heavy. It's difficult to tell if they were "used"...
We discovered Duck Dynasty last fall and bought Season One to catch up. As with any good TV show, there are distinct characters that make it funny. In this case, it's the Robertson family - who...
This is the best, simple rattle for babies. The two bars make it easy to grasp, and it makes the perfect rattle sound when baby shakes it. Not so noisy that it's annoying or disruptive, but...
I LOVE cooking with canned fire-roasted tomatoes! They add a little something extra to every dish whether it be chili or spaghetti sauce. Before finding the Hunt's, I had to pay twice the price...
Entertaining your toddler or preschooler on a budget - Page 3
Ok so I have a 2 year old little boy. One way I keep his attention is by putting in Dora the explorer music or barney music and dance, he loves dancing with me and will continue to dance as long as I do. I also take him to the park a lot, especially if he has an enormous amount of energy to run off. The mall here has a play area where other children are so if it's rainy that has been a good spot and he gets to interact with other children his age.....which is so cute! He also loves going to stores that have the car carts, he will stay in those things for hours. It has helped me to get my shopping done, I only wish every store had them.
Oh my Goodness, My last post said there was a problem so here we go again. I love entertaining my son when he is restless or irritable by putting in Dora Music and Barney music, we dance and sing along to the songs. I also take him to local parks to run out his energy. That works so well but on rainy days our local mall has a toddlers play area and he can play there plus interact with other children his age. He is 2 and my older children are 11 and 12 so they are in their own little world. I also have found a way to entertain him while grocery shopping, a good amount of our stores have carts with cars attached, he will stay in that thing all day long.. On hot summer days we put up his kiddie pool and his step 2 water table. He loves splashing and having a great time. It also allows me to bring my laptop outside and do what I need to while he is chilling in his pool! I would love to win this for my son. Thank You for allowing me to enter
If it is nice outside we love sprinklers, chalk, bubbles, etc., but if the weather is a little yucky (rainy) we move the pool party inside and put our swimsuits on and jump in the tub. You can make your own bath crayons to have fun in the tub with;
1 3/4 C Ivory Snow Flakes
1/4 C Water
50 Drops Food coloring
Directions - Mix all ingredients. You can form them into shapes and let them harden or place in an ice cube tray to harden..
We also throw out beach towels and dry out on the floor afterwards. Afterwards you could make sandcastles out of homemade moon sand:
4 cups sand
2 cups cornflour
1 cup of water.
You can also make homemade popsicles. I use the plastic containers that are popsicle shapes from walmart, but you can also use icecube trays and your favorite juice. Kids love them. I was also going to try washable sidewalk paint this summer. I found the recipe online.
Washable Sidewalk Paint
½ cup of cold tap water
½ cup of cornstarch
16 drops of food coloring.
Gradually combine the water and cornstarch until no lumps remain. Next, mix in the food coloring, and store the washable sidewalk paint in a covered container until ready to use. To avoid separation, be sure to stir the mixture before using after storage.
A great rainy day activity is cooking with your kids. We love to make cookies - I have my 3 year old help with the mixing and measuring. My 1 year old taste-tests for us :) We also try and take advantage of the library story times.
On non-rainy days parks are a must! Bonus if they have a splash pad!
- › The Impossible 17 seconds ago
- › What day do you clean out the fridge? 7 minutes ago
- › Any Savings Tips for Trader Joe's Grocery Store? 8 minutes ago
- › The Voice--Final Performance Tonight 9 minutes ago
- › Have you ever had a family member murdered. 21 minutes ago
- › Newborn Photo Ideas Needed Please 27 minutes ago
- › Obama family trip to Africa question amid sequester cuts 28 minutes ago
- › What is the worst that you have cut yourself when you 32 minutes ago
- › What's for dinner 6/19 33 minutes ago
- › iso:btfe 33 minutes ago
- › Pampers Baby Dry Diapers Jumbo Pack, Size 2, 42 Count by swishina
- › Pampers Easy Ups Diapers, Boy, Size 4, 26-Count by swishina
- › Duck Dynasty: Season 1 by Kim
- › Bright Starts Rattle and Shake Barbell Rattle by swishina
- › Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz by Annie's Mom
- › V8 Splash Berry Blend 64 oz (Pack of 8) by Annie's Mom
- › Tazo Tazo Iced Tea Passion 6 Bag (Pack Of 4) by Annie's Mom
- › Folgers Fresh Breaks Breakfast Blend Coffee, .85 Ounce (Pack of 8) by Kim
- › L'Oreal Evercreme Deep Nourish Masque 5.1 oz. (Pack of 6) by swishina
- › Manhattan Toy Skwish Classic by swishina
- › First Once a Month Shopping Trip by JenM
- › The New Menu Plan - Once a Month Shopping by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 2/18/13 - Groceries - Budget... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 2/4/13 - Groceries- Budget... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 1/28/13 (Tues Edition) -... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 1/21/13 - Grocery Trip -... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday - Groceries - Budget Update by JenM
- › Playdates on the Fly by Kim
- › The Stockpile by JenM
- › Monday Meal Plan - Weekend Grocery Trips -... by JenM