This gift is for someone that has a real sense of humor! I made this for my Dad for Father's Day and he is going to laugh hysterically when he sees it! Usually these kinds of gag gifts can be bought online for MUCH more than I paid. It cost me around $1 out of pocket.
I saw this idea and I was like, "Oh I could totally make this!" I did and it took me about 20 minutes!
To make it you need:
- Can of Glade (or any air spray)
- photo of person the gift is for
- scrapbook paper
I also have one of those photo copying printers that makes it easy for me to do this at home.
1. Cut out small photo of the person this gift is for. I actually wound up photo copying a photo from an album onto a regular piece of paper and then I cut that out.
2. Type on a Word Doc: " insert person's name 's Butt Fume Eliminator Spray" I added "approved by Chuck Norris" because my Dad likes him and Chuck Norris seems to be on every infomercial these days. It's just funny. You could use any celebrity name...sports hero...etc.
3. Then I printed it out on a regular piece of paper and taped the photo copied photo above it.
4. I printed that whole thing out onto scrapbook paper and cut it to fit the Glade.
5. Tape it to the bottle and you are done!
It was fun to make and I can't wait to see my Dad's reaction.
I don't scrapbook anymore but I always find reasons to use it. I buy those "slabs" from Michael's that go for around $20 and you get a bunch of sheets. I wait until they go on sale or use a coupon and it really comes in handy. I chose a masculine looking piece that I thought would work and I like the results.
Don't worry! My brothers and sisters and I chipped in for a "real" gift but this one is just a little something to make him laugh!