Cutting glass with yarn and fingernail polish remover is pretty easy... and fun! My crafty project today was to take these empty beer bottles and repurpose them into tea light candle holders for the redneck party we're going to tomorrow night.
- Fill your sink with cold water.
- Wrap yarn around the bottle 5-6 times. Use yarn instead of string. Because of its fluffy fibers, it's more flammable than string.
- Snip the ends of the yarn off.
- Slip the yarn off the bottle, and dip it in fingernail polish remover. Saturate it well.
- Slip the yarn back on the neck of the bottle in the place you want to cut the glass. Position in the right spot.
- With a match or lighter, light the yarn on fire. Rotate the bottle while its burning to evenly burn the bottle and heat the glass.
- After about 20-25 seconds, dunk the bottle in the cold water to break the glass.
- Remove the string.
- Sand the edges. Be careful! They will be sharp.