In the last couple months I've had problems getting credit for a MyPoints survey that I completed. I bet a lot of other people have had this happen too - I qualify for and complete the survey, then on the last page instead of sending me back to the MyPoints page and crediting my points, I get an error message.
I don't really think MyPoints surveys are worth the points anyway - I'd much rather get 10 points for not qualifying. But if I finish the survey I want my points! Both times this happened to me, I did eventually get my points credited. So annoying. Here's what I did:
- Once I got the error message, I saved the original survey email so I had the reference number. Then I contacted customer service and referenced the survey number.
- I received a reply apologizing for the inconvenience and crediting me 10 points for non-qualification
- I replied stating that I completed the survey and asked for the entire 50 points to be credited
- I received a reply stating the requirements for completing a survey (browser, cookie requirements etc)
- I replied again stating that I was aware of the survey requirements, that I met them, qualified and completed the survey (referenced the number again) and asked for my 50 points
- The third reply credited the additional 40 points.
This same exchange happened both times. I had to be persistent. It annoys me that they think they can brush me off because I don't know what I'm doing or something. The emails I got from them were kind of condescending. Anyway, hopefully this helps someone else.