We have a couple of ring bolonas in the freezer I need to use up. What do you make with ring bologna?
- categoryMeat Seafood Poultrytagged by System, 10/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- How do you save money on meat? Last post on 3/23/14 at 7:07am in Money Saving Tips: Food
- Italian Meatballs - YUMMY! Last post on 6/4/13 at 1:43pm in Main Dishes
- what are lean sources of protein that don't cost much? Last post on 5/20/14 at 6:47am in Kitchen Chatter
- How to make sloppy joes? Last post on 5/21/13 at 3:49pm in Kitchen Chatter
- Round Steaks Last post on 8/21/12 at 9:22pm in Kitchen Chatter
This is a spit-out-your-coffee-laughing type of book about a young chip and dale sort of guy who is completely overwhelmed by being a boy toy to three cougars. He thinks of himself as the modern...
We bought this for our then 6 year old daughter Christmas of 2013. She loves it and still plays with it. She likes recording memories and she loves the voice activated password (It totally works...
I bought this dress to fit our 18 inch American Girl Doll (shopping ahead for Christmas before all of the good stuff is sold out!). This dress costs $19 if you include the shipping. I thought...
Great Story! A little different from her other stories that I have read, but catchy. Has a dark element to the story but adds a twist to the usual. Plus it is based in Ireland which is always a...
Suave Professionals shampoo and conditioner are my favorite hair care products. I used to go with whatever I good find for a good deal. When I was younger I went with the cheap stuff for $1. ...
Ring Bologna Recipes
Mommysavers Deals of the Week
Here is the ring bologna definition, according to Wise Geek:
Ring bologna is a processed meat that is usually created with a mixture of beef or pork. This type of bologna draws its name from the fact that the meat is shaped into a long tubular design, not unlike link sausage. Sometimes known as ringwurst, ring bologna is over a foot long and is pliable enough to be shaped into a circle or ring.
There are two distinct types or classifications of ring bologna. Coarse ring bologna is prepared using a method of grinding the meat or meats in the recipe so that the texture of the finished product is bolder or slightly grittier than many types of processed meat products. By contrast, fine ring bologna has a texture that is smoother, much like the texture of many commercial lunchmeats.
Kielbasa is a type of Polish sausage. Ring bologna is just bologna (cheaper). Sausage is generally a higher quality (although still just animal parts! LOL).
Sounds kind of like a big hot dog...
I don't know about specific recipes, but I'm sure you could cut it in chunks and use it in anything you'd use hot dogs in. Mac and cheese, or even hot dog soup.
I made this one several years ago, I think I may have added chili powder for a little more flavor (eta, I would have done it all on the stove top too, this one says to microwave it. Maybe I used a different recipe, but I know the one I used was easy and came from Taste of Home--this is the one the search came up with though)
You could also cut it up and put it in chili, kind of like a chili dog.
I have never seen that before. I buy rings of kielbasa like that, but that seems like an awful lot of bologna
This is what I am thinking, too. Maybe lay an open hot dog bun in a bowl, put on some sliced warm bologna pieces, cover with chili and sprinkle cheese on top. Like a layered chili dog you eat with a fork. Good game day food.
My kids LOVE what I call "Bologna Boats". Easy Breezy.
I boil the ring bologna to cook it. (Beef or Venison is what we use)
Make whatever kind of mashed potatoes you like.
Cut the bologna in 4 or 5 chunks.
Slice the chunks lengthwise but not all the way through. Open them a bit so they can hold the potatoes. This is your boat.
Put the boats in a glass baking dish.
Add a scoop of mashed potatoes in/on each boat.
Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted or your potatoes are hot. (if you're using leftover potatoes)
I'm telling ya'... It's a hit!
- Ring Bologna Recipes
- › Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser and Humidifier with Free 10mL Bottle of... 21 minutes ago
- › What's your style? 23 minutes ago
- › anyone own an American Giant hoodie? 26 minutes ago
- › Do you have a favorite type of ethnic food? 42 minutes ago
- › Sofa shopping 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › Deer resistant garden 3 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › I am a Tax Nerd 4 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Komputerbay 128GB SDXC Flash Memory Card $46.99 & Free Shipping 7 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Free 1-year subscription Midwest Living 12 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Question about MS... 12 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Catnip by aimee28
- › Keepsake Box by Annie's Mom
- › Ebuddy ® Disney Frozen Elsa Sparkle Princess Dress for 18"... by Annie's Mom
- › Dark Witch (Cousins O'Dwyer) by Ellie Mae
- › Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Smoothing Shampoo, 12.6 Ounce... by Annie's Mom
- › Sunsweet Ones Super Select California Prunes by Annie's Mom
- › GoGo SqueeZ applecinnamon, Applesauce on the Go, 3.2-Ounce Pouches... by Annie's Mom
- › Banzai Soak N Splash Water Slide by Annie's Mom
- › Doc McStuffins Deluxe Get Better Check-Up Center by Annie's Mom
- › Resolve Carpet Pet High Traffic Foam, 22 Ounce (Pack of 2) by Annie's Mom
- › Meal Plan Monday 2/18/13 - Groceries - Budget...
- › Meal Plan Monday 2/4/13 - Groceries- Budget...
- › Meal Plan Monday 1/28/13 (Tues Edition) -...
- › Meal Plan Monday 1/21/13 - Grocery Trip -...
- › Meal Plan Monday - Groceries - Budget Update
- › The Stockpile
- › Monday Meal Plan - Weekend Grocery Trips -...
- › The Who & What - 2013 Goals and...
- › Contest Terms and Conditions Mommy Me Time
- › Using Foursquare to Save