We have a couple of ring bolonas in the freezer I need to use up. What do you make with ring bologna?
- categoryMeat Seafood Poultrytagged by System, 10/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- How do you save money on meat? Last post on 3/23/14 at 7:07am in Money Saving Tips: Food
- Italian Meatballs - YUMMY! Last post on 6/4/13 at 1:43pm in Main Dishes
- what are lean sources of protein that don't cost much? Last post on 5/3/13 at 11:44am in Kitchen Chatter
- How to make sloppy joes? Last post on 5/21/13 at 3:49pm in Kitchen Chatter
- Round Steaks Last post on 8/21/12 at 9:22pm in Kitchen Chatter
I recently got a great deal on the Fiber One fruit snacks, so I grabbed them without even looking at the box. I was amazed to discover that the first ingredient is actually fruit juice AND they are...
I used it to clean tiles and plastic furniture because I love for them to look fresh clean. It was amazing, I am going to buy this product for sure!
I love this book, it is very powerful. I believe that they have a book for kids to read, I should really get a copy and have my 8 year old read it!
These are my new favorite spoons. I like spoons with a shallow bowl because otherwise it is hard for the baby to get all the food off of the spoon, or the bite is too big. These are just the right...
I definitely prefer this silicone baby feeder to the old mesh variety. The silicone is easy to clean, dishwasher safe, and chewy for the baby. The opening to get the food in is a little small,...
Ring Bologna Recipes
Mommysavers Deals of the Week
Here is the ring bologna definition, according to Wise Geek:
Ring bologna is a processed meat that is usually created with a mixture of beef or pork. This type of bologna draws its name from the fact that the meat is shaped into a long tubular design, not unlike link sausage. Sometimes known as ringwurst, ring bologna is over a foot long and is pliable enough to be shaped into a circle or ring.
There are two distinct types or classifications of ring bologna. Coarse ring bologna is prepared using a method of grinding the meat or meats in the recipe so that the texture of the finished product is bolder or slightly grittier than many types of processed meat products. By contrast, fine ring bologna has a texture that is smoother, much like the texture of many commercial lunchmeats.
Kielbasa is a type of Polish sausage. Ring bologna is just bologna (cheaper). Sausage is generally a higher quality (although still just animal parts! LOL).
Sounds kind of like a big hot dog...
I don't know about specific recipes, but I'm sure you could cut it in chunks and use it in anything you'd use hot dogs in. Mac and cheese, or even hot dog soup.
I made this one several years ago, I think I may have added chili powder for a little more flavor (eta, I would have done it all on the stove top too, this one says to microwave it. Maybe I used a different recipe, but I know the one I used was easy and came from Taste of Home--this is the one the search came up with though)
You could also cut it up and put it in chili, kind of like a chili dog.
I have never seen that before. I buy rings of kielbasa like that, but that seems like an awful lot of bologna
This is what I am thinking, too. Maybe lay an open hot dog bun in a bowl, put on some sliced warm bologna pieces, cover with chili and sprinkle cheese on top. Like a layered chili dog you eat with a fork. Good game day food.
My kids LOVE what I call "Bologna Boats". Easy Breezy.
I boil the ring bologna to cook it. (Beef or Venison is what we use)
Make whatever kind of mashed potatoes you like.
Cut the bologna in 4 or 5 chunks.
Slice the chunks lengthwise but not all the way through. Open them a bit so they can hold the potatoes. This is your boat.
Put the boats in a glass baking dish.
Add a scoop of mashed potatoes in/on each boat.
Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted or your potatoes are hot. (if you're using leftover potatoes)
I'm telling ya'... It's a hit!
- Ring Bologna Recipes
- › Have you ever made no-cook jam? 44 minutes ago
- › Yard Sale or Donate? 47 minutes ago
- › What are your toddlers favorite foods? 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › PQOTD: How many mirrors do you have in your home? 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › How much mad money do you get? 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy bloodwork 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › When do you take baby to the doctor? 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Birthday party question 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Free Android App: Tipping Point ($1.99 Value) 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › Kindle Freebie for Kids: Baby Chicken (Picture Book - $8.99 Value) 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › Fiber One Fruit Flavored Snacks Mixed Berry - 10 CT by swishina
- › Casabella Small Contour Sponge Waffle Texture (Pack of 24) by Williamcn
- › Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His... by tcomfortbl
- › Gerber Graduates BPA Free 6 Pack Soft Bite Infant Spoon, Colors May... by swishina
- › [Award Winning] Kidsme Food Feeder (Large size) by swishina
- › Plum Kids Organic Yo' Drops Berry Blast, 5-Count (Pack of 8) by swishina
- › WRECK IT RALPH WRECK IT RALPH by swishina
- › Pampers Baby Dry Diapers Jumbo Pack, Size 2, 42 Count by swishina
- › Pampers Easy Ups Diapers, Boy, Size 4, 26-Count by swishina
- › Duck Dynasty: Season 1 by Kim
- › Potty Training Girls for Better Parenting by geraldakim
- › Keep an Eye on Brownish Discharge During... by TanyaFrantz
- › Process to Getting Fertility Treatments for... by shalycriston
- › A gipsy boot to suit every occasion by geraldakim
- › 4 Free Android Apps Busy Mothers Should Use by justinewilliams
- › The Best Ways To Consume The Garcinia... by aricarial0
- › Why are maternity pillows helpful? by Laurahardy
- › Benefits of Exercise in the Battle against... by geraldakim
- › Tablets for Moms: the Best on a Budget by justinewilliams
- › How To Change Your Diet To Lower Your... by dolcemom94