What are some foods you can regrow from scraps? I think this would make a fun kitchen project for the kids during the winter.
- topicFrugal Livingtagged by System, 11/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Let's set the record straight about frugal living. Last post on 2/25/14 at 4:53pm in Spending Less and Saving More
- What are some frugal indoor fun family activities to do at home? Last post on 2/9/14 at 4:27pm in Money Saving Tips: Entertainment and Leisure
- BEST Broccoli Recipe EVER! (Healthy, Delicious, and Shockingly Addicting!) Last post on 1/18/14 at 5:26am in Kitchen Chatter
- Are frugal people more attractive? Last post on 10/22/13 at 10:34am in Spending Less and Saving More
- Frugal living tip of the day....keep a price book Last post on 9/12/13 at 7:23am in Spending Less and Saving More
The Who & What - 2013 Goals and Accountability
Last edited: 1/3/13
- Using Foursquare to SaveLast edited: 8/24/12
- If You Love To Eat OutLast edited: 2/7/12
- Save Money Right at HomeLast edited: 2/7/12
- saving-money-using-a-co-opLast edited: 2/7/12
I used it to clean tiles and plastic furniture because I love for them to look fresh clean. It was amazing, I am going to buy this product for sure!
I love this book, it is very powerful. I believe that they have a book for kids to read, I should really get a copy and have my 8 year old read it!
These are my new favorite spoons. I like spoons with a shallow bowl because otherwise it is hard for the baby to get all the food off of the spoon, or the bite is too big. These are just the right...
I definitely prefer this silicone baby feeder to the old mesh variety. The silicone is easy to clean, dishwasher safe, and chewy for the baby. The opening to get the food in is a little small,...
I really disliked these Yo' Drops for the following reasons: They taste gross They are incredibly expensive They have the same texture as Pop Rocks. Which is fine for Pop Rocks,...
Foods you can regrow from scrapspost #1 of 711/3/12 at 4:20amThread Starter
Mommysavers Deals of the Weekpost #2 of 711/3/12 at 5:01ampost #3 of 711/6/12 at 3:43pm
Green onions! Never throw the white part out! Pop in a glass with a little water and you will get new green in no time! Just make sure you change the water or it gets slimy.
You can also replant a nub of ginger but it is a root so it is underground. Not so great for the kitchen in winter.
post #4 of 711/6/12 at 7:34pmpost #5 of 711/7/12 at 8:17ampost #6 of 711/7/12 at 8:29am
I've done the celery, green onions (I put it in the window over the kitchen and just dumped out the water and refilled it daily), and potatoes all without incident.
I think a little pineapple tree would be adorable but I've got no space for that, and we keep curtains shut much of the time so it would probably die anyway.
Plunk a sweet potato half in water and then wait for it to sprout and plant those shoots.
Anything with seeds is also a given. Some gmo foods have barren seeds (I doubt that's the proper term), so if you're planning on saving seeds do a bit of research before you buy.post #7 of 711/20/12 at 5:44am
- Foods you can regrow from scraps
- Using Foursquare to Save
- › Win $1000 Gas card 42 minutes ago
- › Do your local grocery stores have salad bars? 3 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › How do you sleep in hotels? 3 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › What's on your Spring Cleaning list? 3 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Easter baskets do you go all out with them or do something small? 3 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › What do you do for St Patrick's Day? 3 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Will you be celebrating Mardi Gras? 3 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Name 5 Ways Planning Ahead Saved You Money 3 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › What frugal moms do that others don't 3 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Patio Ideas on a Budget 4 hours ago
- › Casabella Small Contour Sponge Waffle Texture (Pack of 24) by Williamcn
- › Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His... by tcomfortbl
- › Gerber Graduates BPA Free 6 Pack Soft Bite Infant Spoon, Colors May... by swishina
- › [Award Winning] Kidsme Food Feeder (Large size) by swishina
- › Plum Kids Organic Yo' Drops Berry Blast, 5-Count (Pack of 8) by swishina
- › WRECK IT RALPH WRECK IT RALPH by swishina
- › Pampers Baby Dry Diapers Jumbo Pack, Size 2, 42 Count by swishina
- › Pampers Easy Ups Diapers, Boy, Size 4, 26-Count by swishina
- › Duck Dynasty: Season 1 by Kim
- › Bright Starts Rattle and Shake Barbell Rattle by swishina
- › Fashion Design – How Interior Design... by jerryjems
- › Effective Money Saving Tips for a Single... by janifar brown
- › A Coke ice cream float: Perfect for all ages... by justinewilliams
- › Party Time by jerryjems
- › How Moms Can Save Space And Money! by justinewilliams
- › Things to Look Out for When Buying a Baby Bottle by Kim
- › Healthy Recipes: The Difference Between What... by ebanreb01
- › Warming Salad and Easy Dessert Cooking... by Kim
- › Top ten games to play at Christmas by Kim
- › How to Find the Best Cyber Monday Online... by Kim