What are some foods you can regrow from scraps? I think this would make a fun kitchen project for the kids during the winter.
- topicFrugal Livingtagged by System, 11/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- What is the one thing you can't do without in your pantry? Last post on Yesterday at 1:16 pm in Simple + Green Living
- Staying on Budget over the weekend Last post on Yesterday at 1:45 pm in Money Matters
- Using Diaper Cream for other things (besides baby butts) Last post on 4/3/14 at 8:40pm in Money Saving Tips: Household
- I scrimp on ______ so I can splurge on _______. Last post on 3/9/14 at 6:52am in Simple + Green Living
- Let's set the record straight about frugal living. Last post on 3/10/14 at 6:09am in Spending Less and Saving More
The Who & What - 2013 Goals and Accountability
Last edited: 1/3/13
- Using Foursquare to SaveLast edited: 8/24/12
- If You Love To Eat OutLast edited: 2/7/12
- Save Money Right at HomeLast edited: 2/7/12
- saving-money-using-a-co-opLast edited: 2/7/12
I recently got a great deal on the Fiber One fruit snacks, so I grabbed them without even looking at the box. I was amazed to discover that the first ingredient is actually fruit juice AND they are...
I used it to clean tiles and plastic furniture because I love for them to look fresh clean. It was amazing, I am going to buy this product for sure!
I love this book, it is very powerful. I believe that they have a book for kids to read, I should really get a copy and have my 8 year old read it!
These are my new favorite spoons. I like spoons with a shallow bowl because otherwise it is hard for the baby to get all the food off of the spoon, or the bite is too big. These are just the right...
I definitely prefer this silicone baby feeder to the old mesh variety. The silicone is easy to clean, dishwasher safe, and chewy for the baby. The opening to get the food in is a little small,...
Foods you can regrow from scrapspost #1 of 711/3/12 at 4:20amThread Starter
Mommysavers Deals of the Weekpost #2 of 711/3/12 at 5:01ampost #3 of 711/6/12 at 3:43pm
Green onions! Never throw the white part out! Pop in a glass with a little water and you will get new green in no time! Just make sure you change the water or it gets slimy.
You can also replant a nub of ginger but it is a root so it is underground. Not so great for the kitchen in winter.
post #4 of 711/6/12 at 7:34pmpost #5 of 711/7/12 at 8:17ampost #6 of 711/7/12 at 8:29am
I've done the celery, green onions (I put it in the window over the kitchen and just dumped out the water and refilled it daily), and potatoes all without incident.
I think a little pineapple tree would be adorable but I've got no space for that, and we keep curtains shut much of the time so it would probably die anyway.
Plunk a sweet potato half in water and then wait for it to sprout and plant those shoots.
Anything with seeds is also a given. Some gmo foods have barren seeds (I doubt that's the proper term), so if you're planning on saving seeds do a bit of research before you buy.post #7 of 711/20/12 at 5:44am
- Foods you can regrow from scraps
- Using Foursquare to Save
- › NISD threat 5 minutes ago
- › Stolen from Swishina: "My UNbucket list" 9 minutes ago
- › How do you simplify your life? 35 minutes ago
- › Saving Money on Electric Bill 42 minutes ago
- › What lengths would you go to to fight aging or improving appearance? 44 minutes ago
- › Anyone up for another card swap? 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › HeyLadies (and Dudes if you're out there) Card Swap 2 hours ago
- › Coffee or tea? 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Have you ever taken your dog to the dentist? 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Extreme couponing 2 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Fiber One Fruit Flavored Snacks Mixed Berry - 10 CT by swishina
- › Casabella Small Contour Sponge Waffle Texture (Pack of 24) by Williamcn
- › Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His... by tcomfortbl
- › Gerber Graduates BPA Free 6 Pack Soft Bite Infant Spoon, Colors May... by swishina
- › [Award Winning] Kidsme Food Feeder (Large size) by swishina
- › Plum Kids Organic Yo' Drops Berry Blast, 5-Count (Pack of 8) by swishina
- › WRECK IT RALPH WRECK IT RALPH by swishina
- › Pampers Baby Dry Diapers Jumbo Pack, Size 2, 42 Count by swishina
- › Pampers Easy Ups Diapers, Boy, Size 4, 26-Count by swishina
- › Duck Dynasty: Season 1 by Kim
- › 5 Tips That Will Help Moms Saving Money and... by shalycriston
- › Potty Training Girls for Better Parenting by geraldakim
- › Keep an Eye on Brownish Discharge During... by TanyaFrantz
- › Process to Getting Fertility Treatments for... by shalycriston
- › A gipsy boot to suit every occasion by geraldakim
- › 4 Free Android Apps Busy Mothers Should Use by justinewilliams
- › The Best Ways To Consume The Garcinia... by aricarial0
- › Why are maternity pillows helpful? by Laurahardy
- › Benefits of Exercise in the Battle against... by geraldakim
- › Tablets for Moms: the Best on a Budget by justinewilliams