What are some foods you can regrow from scraps? I think this would make a fun kitchen project for the kids during the winter.
- topicFrugal Livingtagged by System, 11/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Creative and Easy Ways to Reuse Old Plastic Water Bottles Last post on 10/16/14 at 6:03pm in Your Creative Side
- Making Home Decor and Gifts with Old Milk Jugs! Last post on 10/9/14 at 7:49am in Your Creative Side
- Entertaining Your Kids with Old Milk Jugs Last post on 10/9/14 at 12:39pm in Your Creative Side
- No Sew Tee Shirt Using Glue Last post on 9/24/14 at 5:33pm in Your Creative Side
- No Sew Tee Shirt Tote! We are doing this tonight! Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:27am in Your Creative Side
The Who & What - 2013 Goals and Accountability
Last edited: 1/3/13
- Using Foursquare to SaveLast edited: 8/24/12
- If You Love To Eat OutLast edited: 2/7/12
- saving-money-using-a-co-opLast edited: 2/7/12
- save-money-on-your-groceriesLast edited: 2/7/12
We bought this for our then 6 year old daughter Christmas of 2013. She loves it and still plays with it. She likes recording memories and she loves the voice activated password (It totally works...
I bought this dress to fit our 18 inch American Girl Doll (shopping ahead for Christmas before all of the good stuff is sold out!). This dress costs $19 if you include the shipping. I thought...
Great Story! A little different from her other stories that I have read, but catchy. Has a dark element to the story but adds a twist to the usual. Plus it is based in Ireland which is always a...
Suave Professionals shampoo and conditioner are my favorite hair care products. I used to go with whatever I good find for a good deal. When I was younger I went with the cheap stuff for $1. ...
Sunsweet Ones has been a favorite snack of mine for awhile. I always liked the orange and lemon essence prunes. I never liked the regular ones but I thought I was give them a try. I really do...
Foods you can regrow from scrapspost #1 of 711/3/12 at 4:20amThread Starter
Mommysavers Deals of the Weekpost #2 of 711/3/12 at 5:01ampost #3 of 711/6/12 at 3:43pm
Green onions! Never throw the white part out! Pop in a glass with a little water and you will get new green in no time! Just make sure you change the water or it gets slimy.
You can also replant a nub of ginger but it is a root so it is underground. Not so great for the kitchen in winter.
post #4 of 711/6/12 at 7:34pmpost #5 of 711/7/12 at 8:17ampost #6 of 711/7/12 at 8:29am
I've done the celery, green onions (I put it in the window over the kitchen and just dumped out the water and refilled it daily), and potatoes all without incident.
I think a little pineapple tree would be adorable but I've got no space for that, and we keep curtains shut much of the time so it would probably die anyway.
Plunk a sweet potato half in water and then wait for it to sprout and plant those shoots.
Anything with seeds is also a given. Some gmo foods have barren seeds (I doubt that's the proper term), so if you're planning on saving seeds do a bit of research before you buy.post #7 of 711/20/12 at 5:44am
- Foods you can regrow from scraps
- Using Foursquare to Save
- › Homemade Birthday Cake Ideas 22 minutes ago
- › Made some cornbread mix 27 minutes ago
- › Anybody want to join me in starting our holiday cards ??? 45 minutes ago
- › World Card Making Day 46 minutes ago
- › Got all my hair cut off again. 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › October Category Freeze 2 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › What have you done to save money this week? 4 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › We're downsizing but need help with budgeting 13 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › What are things that you are required to pay but don't use? 17 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Join a Coupon Train Here 22 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Keepsake Box by Annie's Mom
- › Ebuddy ® Disney Frozen Elsa Sparkle Princess Dress for 18"... by Annie's Mom
- › Dark Witch (Cousins O'Dwyer) by Ellie Mae
- › Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Smoothing Shampoo, 12.6 Ounce... by Annie's Mom
- › Sunsweet Ones Super Select California Prunes by Annie's Mom
- › GoGo SqueeZ applecinnamon, Applesauce on the Go, 3.2-Ounce Pouches... by Annie's Mom
- › Banzai Soak N Splash Water Slide by Annie's Mom
- › Doc McStuffins Deluxe Get Better Check-Up Center by Annie's Mom
- › Resolve Carpet Pet High Traffic Foam, 22 Ounce (Pack of 2) by Annie's Mom
- › SodaStream Fountain Jet Home Soda Maker Starter Kit, Black and Silver by Annie's Mom
- › Meal Plan Monday 2/18/13 - Groceries - Budget...
- › Meal Plan Monday 2/4/13 - Groceries- Budget...
- › Meal Plan Monday 1/28/13 (Tues Edition) -...
- › Meal Plan Monday 1/21/13 - Grocery Trip -...
- › Meal Plan Monday - Groceries - Budget Update
- › The Stockpile
- › Monday Meal Plan - Weekend Grocery Trips -...
- › The Who & What - 2013 Goals and...
- › Contest Terms and Conditions Mommy Me Time
- › Using Foursquare to Save