What are some foods you can regrow from scraps? I think this would make a fun kitchen project for the kids during the winter.
- topicFrugal Livingtagged by System, 11/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Are frugal people more attractive? Last post on 10/22/13 at 10:34am in Spending Less and Saving More
- Frugal living tip of the day....keep a price book Last post on 9/12/13 at 7:23am in Spending Less and Saving More
- Frugal living tip of the day....check out savingstar.com Last post on 9/2/13 at 6:17am in Spending Less and Saving More
- Frugal living tip of the day.....check out the Sunday sale ads Last post on 9/1/13 at 8:51pm in Spending Less and Saving More
- Frugal living tip of the day.....check out the Target Dollar Spot Last post on 9/1/13 at 7:45pm in Spending Less and Saving More
The Who & What - 2013 Goals and Accountability
Last edited: 1/3/13
- Using Foursquare to SaveLast edited: 8/24/12
- If You Love To Eat OutLast edited: 2/7/12
- Save Money Right at HomeLast edited: 2/7/12
- saving-money-using-a-co-opLast edited: 2/7/12
I love this book, it is very powerful. I believe that they have a book for kids to read, I should really get a copy and have my 8 year old read it!
These are my new favorite spoons. I like spoons with a shallow bowl because otherwise it is hard for the baby to get all the food off of the spoon, or the bite is too big. These are just the right...
I definitely prefer this silicone baby feeder to the old mesh variety. The silicone is easy to clean, dishwasher safe, and chewy for the baby. The opening to get the food in is a little small,...
I really disliked these Yo' Drops for the following reasons: They taste gross They are incredibly expensive They have the same texture as Pop Rocks. Which is fine for Pop Rocks,...
Wreck It Ralph has become one of the favorite movies at our house, and not just for the kids. I've even enjoyed watching it multiple times over the past few months. It's clever, it's funny,...
Foods you can regrow from scrapspost #1 of 711/3/12 at 4:20amThread Starter
Mommysavers Deals of the Weekpost #2 of 711/3/12 at 5:01ampost #3 of 711/6/12 at 3:43pm
Green onions! Never throw the white part out! Pop in a glass with a little water and you will get new green in no time! Just make sure you change the water or it gets slimy.
You can also replant a nub of ginger but it is a root so it is underground. Not so great for the kitchen in winter.
post #4 of 711/6/12 at 7:34pmpost #5 of 711/7/12 at 8:17ampost #6 of 711/7/12 at 8:29am
I've done the celery, green onions (I put it in the window over the kitchen and just dumped out the water and refilled it daily), and potatoes all without incident.
I think a little pineapple tree would be adorable but I've got no space for that, and we keep curtains shut much of the time so it would probably die anyway.
Plunk a sweet potato half in water and then wait for it to sprout and plant those shoots.
Anything with seeds is also a given. Some gmo foods have barren seeds (I doubt that's the proper term), so if you're planning on saving seeds do a bit of research before you buy.post #7 of 711/20/12 at 5:44am
- Foods you can regrow from scraps
- Using Foursquare to Save
- › Did anyone really like the tv show The Love Boat 38 minutes ago
- › Anyone want to do Jillian's 30-Day Shred with me? 43 minutes ago
- › What age did you start table food? 49 minutes ago
- › Anyone ever boarded a cat? 51 minutes ago
- › Did you let dog lick baby? 53 minutes ago
- › It's December....what are you reading? 8 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Family Christmas Pajamas 8 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome 9 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Splurge or save: Christmas Trees 11 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Splurge or Save: chocolate 11 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His... by tcomfortbl
- › Gerber Graduates BPA Free 6 Pack Soft Bite Infant Spoon, Colors May... by swishina
- › [Award Winning] Kidsme Food Feeder (Large size) by swishina
- › Plum Kids Organic Yo' Drops Berry Blast, 5-Count (Pack of 8) by swishina
- › WRECK IT RALPH WRECK IT RALPH by swishina
- › Pampers Baby Dry Diapers Jumbo Pack, Size 2, 42 Count by swishina
- › Pampers Easy Ups Diapers, Boy, Size 4, 26-Count by swishina
- › Duck Dynasty: Season 1 by Kim
- › Bright Starts Rattle and Shake Barbell Rattle by swishina
- › Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz by Annie's Mom
- › Protecting your iPhone with insurance by simonhopes
- › A Look Into the Future: Five Amazing... by Tomclark
- › How to Find the Best Cyber Monday Online... by mandymorris
- › Winter Sun Protection for Your Baby by mandymorris
- › Dorm Room Gardens Save on College by AmandaGreene
- › DIY School Supplies by AmandaGreene
- › How to Get Kids off Their PC and other... by Kim
- › Saving Money When Buying Beauty Products by DLWright
- › Frugal Tips for Eating Out by Kim
- › Good Ideas for Making College an Option for... by austinmarks2