What are some foods you can regrow from scraps? I think this would make a fun kitchen project for the kids during the winter.
- topicFrugal Livingtagged by System, 11/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Do you Reuse Aluminum Foil? Last post on 7/24/14 at 12:03pm in Simple + Green Living
- Non-Cooking Uses for Olive Oil Last post on 7/11/14 at 1:09pm in Simple + Green Living
- Make an emergency oil lamp from an orange and olive oil! What?!? Last post on 6/27/14 at 2:48pm in Simple + Green Living
- Cheap Water Play for Kids for $5 or Less Last post on 6/27/14 at 1:04pm in Money Saving Tips: Entertainment and Leisure
- Emergency Water Filter (Camping or Natural Disasters) Last post on 6/20/14 at 10:22am in Simple + Green Living
The Who & What - 2013 Goals and Accountability
Last edited: 1/3/13
- Using Foursquare to SaveLast edited: 8/24/12
- If You Love To Eat OutLast edited: 2/7/12
- Save Money Right at HomeLast edited: 2/7/12
- saving-money-using-a-co-opLast edited: 2/7/12
Suave Professionals shampoo and conditioner are my favorite hair care products. I used to go with whatever I good find for a good deal. When I was younger I went with the cheap stuff for $1. ...
Sunsweet Ones has been a favorite snack of mine for awhile. I always liked the orange and lemon essence prunes. I never liked the regular ones but I thought I was give them a try. I really do...
So I totally LOVE the idea of apple sauce in pouches! We have been buying the GoGo Squeez Cinnamon Apple Sauce for awhile. The flavor is great, it's mess-free and perfect for lunches and...
My kids are 4 and 7. They are getting a little old for the whole "baby pool" thing. I didn't want to spend tons of money so I spent $8 on this basic slip-in-slide at Target. It's kind of a "get...
"Santa" got this toy for my two girls ages 3 and 6 (at the time) for Christmas. They both LOVE Doc McStuffins and it's different from the standard "kitchen sets" so we were excited about it. Six...
Foods you can regrow from scrapspost #1 of 711/3/12 at 4:20amThread Starter
Mommysavers Deals of the Weekpost #2 of 711/3/12 at 5:01ampost #3 of 711/6/12 at 3:43pm
Green onions! Never throw the white part out! Pop in a glass with a little water and you will get new green in no time! Just make sure you change the water or it gets slimy.
You can also replant a nub of ginger but it is a root so it is underground. Not so great for the kitchen in winter.
post #4 of 711/6/12 at 7:34pmpost #5 of 711/7/12 at 8:17ampost #6 of 711/7/12 at 8:29am
I've done the celery, green onions (I put it in the window over the kitchen and just dumped out the water and refilled it daily), and potatoes all without incident.
I think a little pineapple tree would be adorable but I've got no space for that, and we keep curtains shut much of the time so it would probably die anyway.
Plunk a sweet potato half in water and then wait for it to sprout and plant those shoots.
Anything with seeds is also a given. Some gmo foods have barren seeds (I doubt that's the proper term), so if you're planning on saving seeds do a bit of research before you buy.post #7 of 711/20/12 at 5:44am
- Foods you can regrow from scraps
- Using Foursquare to Save
- › Hello! Be happy to be a part of community 46 minutes ago
- › Back again 47 minutes ago
- › Just joined... 47 minutes ago
- › Hello Everyone! 47 minutes ago
- › How often do you go to the dentist? 8 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › How's the summer bucket list coming? 9 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › I'm back! 9 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › YNAB? 9 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › How do you feel about owning less? 9 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › What does your Retirement look like? 10 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Smoothing Shampoo, 12.6 Ounce... by Annie's Mom
- › Sunsweet Ones Super Select California Prunes by Annie's Mom
- › GoGo SqueeZ applecinnamon, Applesauce on the Go, 3.2-Ounce Pouches... by Annie's Mom
- › Banzai Soak N Splash Water Slide by Annie's Mom
- › Doc McStuffins Deluxe Get Better Check-Up Center by Annie's Mom
- › Resolve Carpet Pet High Traffic Foam, 22 Ounce (Pack of 2) by Annie's Mom
- › SodaStream Fountain Jet Home Soda Maker Starter Kit, Black and Silver by Annie's Mom
- › Fiber One Fruit Flavored Snacks Mixed Berry - 10 CT by swishina
- › Casabella Small Contour Sponge Waffle Texture (Pack of 24) by Williamcn
- › Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His... by tcomfortbl
- › Is there a better way to bank?
- › Growing up Children and the Importance of Toys
- › Bicycles For Sell in OLX India
- › Driving Safety Tips
- › Why buy veterinary equipment online?
- › Fixing your Car Troubles is just a few clicks...
- › Steps to Choose the Right Sonogram Machine
- › Getting Your Kids Involved in Decorating...
- › Six Baby Name Ideas to Ponder Over Before...
- › Summer fun on the farm for toddlers