What are some foods you can regrow from scraps? I think this would make a fun kitchen project for the kids during the winter.
- topicFrugal Livingtagged by System, 11/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Using Diaper Cream for other things (besides baby butts) Last post on 4/3/14 at 8:40pm in Money Saving Tips: Household
- I scrimp on ______ so I can splurge on _______. Last post on 3/9/14 at 6:52am in Simple + Green Living
- Let's set the record straight about frugal living. Last post on 3/10/14 at 6:09am in Spending Less and Saving More
- What are some frugal indoor fun family activities to do at home? Last post on 2/9/14 at 4:27pm in Money Saving Tips: Entertainment and Leisure
- Roasted Broccoli (Healthy, Delicious, and Shockingly Addicting!) Last post on 3/25/14 at 6:22am in Kitchen Chatter
The Who & What - 2013 Goals and Accountability
Last edited: 1/3/13
- Using Foursquare to SaveLast edited: 8/24/12
- If You Love To Eat OutLast edited: 2/7/12
- Save Money Right at HomeLast edited: 2/7/12
- saving-money-using-a-co-opLast edited: 2/7/12
I recently got a great deal on the Fiber One fruit snacks, so I grabbed them without even looking at the box. I was amazed to discover that the first ingredient is actually fruit juice AND they are...
I used it to clean tiles and plastic furniture because I love for them to look fresh clean. It was amazing, I am going to buy this product for sure!
I love this book, it is very powerful. I believe that they have a book for kids to read, I should really get a copy and have my 8 year old read it!
These are my new favorite spoons. I like spoons with a shallow bowl because otherwise it is hard for the baby to get all the food off of the spoon, or the bite is too big. These are just the right...
I definitely prefer this silicone baby feeder to the old mesh variety. The silicone is easy to clean, dishwasher safe, and chewy for the baby. The opening to get the food in is a little small,...
Foods you can regrow from scrapspost #1 of 711/3/12 at 4:20amThread Starter
Mommysavers Deals of the Weekpost #2 of 711/3/12 at 5:01ampost #3 of 711/6/12 at 3:43pm
Green onions! Never throw the white part out! Pop in a glass with a little water and you will get new green in no time! Just make sure you change the water or it gets slimy.
You can also replant a nub of ginger but it is a root so it is underground. Not so great for the kitchen in winter.
post #4 of 711/6/12 at 7:34pmpost #5 of 711/7/12 at 8:17ampost #6 of 711/7/12 at 8:29am
I've done the celery, green onions (I put it in the window over the kitchen and just dumped out the water and refilled it daily), and potatoes all without incident.
I think a little pineapple tree would be adorable but I've got no space for that, and we keep curtains shut much of the time so it would probably die anyway.
Plunk a sweet potato half in water and then wait for it to sprout and plant those shoots.
Anything with seeds is also a given. Some gmo foods have barren seeds (I doubt that's the proper term), so if you're planning on saving seeds do a bit of research before you buy.post #7 of 711/20/12 at 5:44am
- Foods you can regrow from scraps
- Using Foursquare to Save
- › How much mad money do you get? 26 minutes ago
- › Spending Freeze Progress 31 minutes ago
- › Enfamil or Similac Checks for Pampers Coupons 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › Check out the clearance racks at Old Navy 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Favorite Meal $5 or less 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Formula coupon trade 2 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Ann Curry's 20 or 26 RAKs to Honor Lost Children of Newtown - Who's... 3 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Do you think the phase if the moon has an effect on people? 3 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › When do you take baby to the doctor? 4 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › How do you develop emotional strength? 4 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Fiber One Fruit Flavored Snacks Mixed Berry - 10 CT by swishina
- › Casabella Small Contour Sponge Waffle Texture (Pack of 24) by Williamcn
- › Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His... by tcomfortbl
- › Gerber Graduates BPA Free 6 Pack Soft Bite Infant Spoon, Colors May... by swishina
- › [Award Winning] Kidsme Food Feeder (Large size) by swishina
- › Plum Kids Organic Yo' Drops Berry Blast, 5-Count (Pack of 8) by swishina
- › WRECK IT RALPH WRECK IT RALPH by swishina
- › Pampers Baby Dry Diapers Jumbo Pack, Size 2, 42 Count by swishina
- › Pampers Easy Ups Diapers, Boy, Size 4, 26-Count by swishina
- › Duck Dynasty: Season 1 by Kim
- › Potty Training Girls for Better Parenting by geraldakim
- › Keep an Eye on Brownish Discharge During... by TanyaFrantz
- › Process to Getting Fertility Treatments for... by shalycriston
- › A gipsy boot to suit every occasion by geraldakim
- › 4 Free Android Apps Busy Mothers Should Use by justinewilliams
- › The Best Ways To Consume The Garcinia... by aricarial0
- › Why are maternity pillows helpful? by Laurahardy
- › Benefits of Exercise in the Battle against... by geraldakim
- › Tablets for Moms: the Best on a Budget by justinewilliams
- › How To Change Your Diet To Lower Your... by dolcemom94