Here's a simple and frugal homemade gift idea for Christmas. This would be a great teacher gift, neighbor gift, or a gift idea for anytime you need something small and frugal.
Homemade Gift Idea: Snowman Cocoa in a Jar
- jar (could use a mason jar, but I just reused a pasta sauce jar)
- black and orange craft paint for the face
- black felt or fabric for the hat
- gift tag
- candy cane
- mini marshmallows
- cocoa mix
If you buy a huge can of cocoa mix, this homemade gift is even more frugal.
- First, paint the snowman face on the jar. One of these examples uses an orange felt "carrot" for the nose instead of orange paint.
- Fill the jar halfway with cocoa mix (I put mine in a ziploc baggie first).
- Add mini marshmallows to fill up the jar.
- Tie the black felt or fabric around the lid using a piece of ribbon.
- Tie the gift tag and candy cane around the middle of the snowman, like a scarf.