Post your ideas here! What do you and dh do for a "date night" when money is tight?
Some of our favorites:
- Do a "date night" at home. We usually have beer and some sort of special seafood because it's easy to prepare. The kids may be asleep, or just watching a movie in another room.
- Go out for drinks and an appetizer instead of a full meal
- Browse at Barnes & Noble, order a coffee, and sit in the comfy chairs
- Rent movies to watch after the kids go to bed. Pop popcorn and sit under a cozy blanket.
- Invite other couples over for a potluck
- Swap babysitting with friends
- Look for discounts on restaurant.com or from the Entertainment Book
- Watch a marathon of your favorite TV shows. Even if you buy the DVD, it's cheaper than going out.
- Go to the mall and get those silly photo booth pictures taken.