I'm sorry you're having to make this decision, and thank you for the update. I would most definitely make sure your numbers are down a significant amount, AND I would have another ultrasound before they did anything surgically. If you had waited until 12 weeks and hadn't passed it, your numbers wouldn't be at 0. They'd be low, but because you still have tissue in there, my understanding is that there would be some HcG left that would get picked up. Even after mine passed naturally, and was almost completely over, I still read 12. I went back 10 days later, and was then, finally, at a 0.
You will do what you feel is best for you and your family. I wish you the best in this very difficult time.