- categoryMeat Seafood Poultry
Related Forum Threads
- Italian Meatballs - YUMMY! Last post on 4/17/13 at 2:03pm in Main Dishes
- what are lean sources of protein that don't cost much? Last post on 5/3/13 at 11:44am in Kitchen Chatter
- How to make sloppy joes? Last post on Today at 11:50 am in Kitchen Chatter
- Ring Bologna Recipes Last post on 5/8/13 at 10:24pm in Main Dishes
- Round Steaks Last post on 8/21/12 at 9:22pm in Kitchen Chatter
We discovered Duck Dynasty last fall and bought Season One to catch up. As with any good TV show, there are distinct characters that make it funny. In this case, it's the Robertson family - who...
This is the best, simple rattle for babies. The two bars make it easy to grasp, and it makes the perfect rattle sound when baby shakes it. Not so noisy that it's annoying or disruptive, but...
I LOVE cooking with canned fire-roasted tomatoes! They add a little something extra to every dish whether it be chili or spaghetti sauce. Before finding the Hunt's, I had to pay twice the price...
I tried it because there was a good deal at my local grocery store. My kids honestly aren't much of juice drinkers, but I am. I thought this would be a good beverage to try on my picky eaters. ...
I LOVE this product!!! I tried it for the first time because I LOVE iced tea but not the caffeine. I like juice but it's way too strong and sweet of a flavor to quench my thirst. This herbal...
Good steak marinade?
*1/2 c. EVOO
*4 t. crushed garlic
*1 T. salt
*2-1/2 t. black pepper
This one is also good, I don't remember where I got the recipe from, but it's kind of spicy....
* 1 cup barbeque sauce
* 1/2 cup steak sauce
* 1/2 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
* 1/2 cup bourbon whiskey
* 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
* 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
* 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
* 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
* 1 tablespoon dried basil
* 1 tablespoon dried oregano
* 2 tablespoons habanero hot sauce
* 3 teaspoons curry powder
* 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
In a large bowl, mix together the barbeque sauce, steak sauce, beer, bourbon whiskey, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, seasoned salt, black pepper, dried onion, basil, oregano, habanero hot sauce, curry powder, red pepper flakes, and brown sugar.
Cover the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish with approximately 1/2 the marinade. Place desired meat in the dish, and cover with remaining mixture. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 6 hours before grilling as desired.
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 1/3 cup soy sauce
* 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (or balsamic)
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
* 2 cloves garlic, minced (I used garlic powder)
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
Whisk together, pour into resealable bag and add steak. Marinade for 6 hours (can be done in shorter/longer time). Preheat grill to med/high. Cook steak 5 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
Try it -- you won't be disappointed, I promise!!
This is my favorite marinade:
3/4 cup maple syrup (it's new england, we stick maple syrup in everything)
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
I just pour it all in a gallon ziploc the evening prior, add about a pound of steak per bag and toss in the fridge, and then flip the bag over in the morning and let it soak til grilling time. I'm now under strict orders to make it for every bbq we have after bringing some to a fourth of july bbq last year lol It is seriously amazing.
- Good steak marinade?
- › At least 20 children dead after tornado hits Oklahoma 56 seconds ago
- › Week of 5/20....what have you done this week that saved money? 5 minutes ago
- › How many days of school did your kids miss? 15 minutes ago
- › How do you use Command Hooks to organize your home? 15 minutes ago
- › feeding kids on summer break 24 minutes ago
- › I didn't cry at the wedding untill..... 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › May Crop Game 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Exercise Challenge--Minutes Per Week 05/19/2013 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Is anyone doing Home Preschool next year? 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › How do you make cole slaw? 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › Duck Dynasty: Season 1 by Kim
- › Bright Starts Rattle and Shake Barbell Rattle by swishina
- › Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz by Annie's Mom
- › V8 Splash Berry Blend 64 oz (Pack of 8) by Annie's Mom
- › Tazo Tazo Iced Tea Passion 6 Bag (Pack Of 4) by Annie's Mom
- › Folgers Fresh Breaks Breakfast Blend Coffee, .85 Ounce (Pack of 8) by Kim
- › L'Oreal Evercreme Deep Nourish Masque 5.1 oz. (Pack of 6) by swishina
- › Manhattan Toy Skwish Classic by swishina
- › Joovy Caboose Stand On Tandem Stroller, Orangetree by swishina
- › Popchips 6-Flavor Variety Pack, 0.8-Ounce Single Serve Bags (Pack... by swishina
- › First Once a Month Shopping Trip by JenM
- › The New Menu Plan - Once a Month Shopping by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 2/18/13 - Groceries - Budget... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 2/4/13 - Groceries- Budget... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 1/28/13 (Tues Edition) -... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday 1/21/13 - Grocery Trip -... by JenM
- › Meal Plan Monday - Groceries - Budget Update by JenM
- › Playdates on the Fly by Kim
- › The Stockpile by JenM
- › Monday Meal Plan - Weekend Grocery Trips -... by JenM