First birthdays are special, and for my first nephew and Godson I put a lot of pressure on myself to come up with an amazing gift. Over the course of his first year, I had taken hundreds of photos of the little guy – so my idea was to somehow showcase my best pictures. I first saw a first year photo canvas idea on Pinterest (source: BrookeBryand Photography). I loved it, and knew it was something I could do myself. Here’s how:
- I downloaded my project template from Canvas Touch for use with Photoshop Elements (a great photo editing software I’ve been using for years – basic knowledge of Photoshop is required for this project).
- I chose my photos and converted every third one to black and white
- It was really easy to just pop my favorite images into the squares, then clip them with the clipping tool to fit each square perfectly.
- Once it was all finished, I saved the project in .jpg format.
- Next, I uploaded file to Canvas Touch and ordered my canvas (my canvas is 20×20). Easy, peasy!
If you want to create a canvas, you’ll be able to save on it through mid-April. Right now Canvas Touch is offering Mommysavers readers 25% off on canvases with coupon code MommyCollage through 4/15/12.
Canvas Details: My photo canvas is the 20×20 size. I chose the 1.5″ deep wrap and vibrant color. Need help using the template? Email Support@CanvasTouch.com.