How cute is this cheese ball snowman? My 4 year old daughter really enjoyed making this easy holiday appetizer recipe with me. She’s been begging to make a Christmas tree next. This is one of those recipes that is much easier than it looks!
Basic Cheese Ball Recipe
- 2 packages softened cream cheese
- 4 cups grated cheese (such as Cheddar)
- 1/2 t. dry mustard
- sliced green onion
- chopped walnuts
- chopped pecans
- sesame seeds
- diced olives
- diced sun-dried tomatoes
- diced red pepper
- 1/2 package cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- baby carrot
- pretzel sticks
- thinly sliced celery
- fruit leather
- Mix the cream cheese and grated cheese together well.
- Add any combination of mix-ins you like. This time I divided my cheese ball before doing the add-ins and used dry mustard in half of the cheese ball and green onion in the other half.
- Form into two balls for the snowman.
- If you are making this ahead of time storing this in the refrigerator or freezer, stop here and wrap well.
- Beat cream cheese with a little bit of milk to make a frosting. Cover the snowman entirely.
- Serve with crackers or fresh veggies