Looking for a way to stretch your meat? Here is a dirty rice recipe that I use a lot that is just super yummy!
1 package of spicy/hot pork sausage
1 box of Wild Rice
1 green pepper
1/2 large sweet onion
1 can of water chestnuts
1/2 cup of chicken broth
- Make Wild Rice according to the directions on the box.
- Chop the green peppers, onions, and water chestnuts into large chunks and saute. Empty the veggies into a well greased 13 x 9 glass casserole dish.
- Using same skillet brown spicy sausage
- Put cooked Wild Rice, sauteed green peppers, sweet onions, and water chestnuts, and browned spicy sausage in the 13 x 9 glass casserole dish. Pour 1/2 cup of chicken broth and mix thoroughly.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees
This can be the main dish with a side salad or as a side. We’ve used it as both!